Belfast car dealer fined for selling clocked A3

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Public mot history is the best thing ever
it is Pablo but only for the English stuff would be nice to have the same function with NI cars rather that having to contact them
Just call them and they’ll give you whatever you need.
ah to be fair it depends on who you get, when I have tried to call over phone before it has been denied as I wasn't the registered keeper etc even though I was going to buy the vehicle, then other times I have got full mot history no problem...

RevT

RMS Regular
Registration and last four of the chassis number has always got me the last MOT mileages. I don’t think data protection or GDPR should come into it as it’s not disclosing personal details of anyone.

Reactions: dub

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
Registration and last four of the chassis number has always got me the last MOT mileages. I don’t think data protection or GDPR should come into it as it’s not disclosing personal details of anyone.
Strictly speaking its details of his car which in a round about way could be argued it is his personal data of his car

davyk31

RMS Regular
No GDPR issues with getting the mileage as that law can only apply to a person, you need to be disclosing info about a person not an object liked a car. Disclosing the owners name and address is a different matter as that discloses something about a living person.

design1

RMS Regular
Itl not ilegal to do it but ilegal to sell noing its turnd back thats why you see so many cars saying so many miles on the clock.not the car..you wouldnt no what your buying now and they are being put back before this new mot came out with miles on the cert..thats what mot guy told me..

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Cheers :grinning: Only asking as i've just bought a VAG and now I am paranoid :joy:

Mines a Seat (so a cheap Audi) and I can read the mileage on the DPF computer which matches the car. Note the DPF mileage is in KM.. I use VAGDPF to read it. Unsure about petrols.

graham8

RMS Regular
Itl not ilegal to do it but ilegal to sell noing its turnd back thats why you see so many cars saying so many miles on the clock.not the car..you wouldnt no what your buying now and they are being put back before this new mot came out with miles on the cert..thats what mot guy told me..
do you have spell check on your phone?

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Nearly got caught out myself

Screenshot_20191106_162936_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
Screenshot_20191106_164010_com.gumtree.android.jpg

fj1200aa

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat
Either everything is about to burn around him or he does not give a fiddler's - he is listing more cars than ever for sale on Gumtree pics taken from outside his mansion.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
id almost guarantee a quarter of the owners on here who have bought cars from England have more miles on them than they think. It’s too easy to do. Every dealer is at it.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
My mate sold a car to a dealer in England with over 120k on it and it’s now for sale with 83k on it. VAG stuff is all clocked ffs.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
id almost guarantee a quarter of the owners on here who have bought cars from England have more miles on them than they think. It’s too easy to do. Every dealer is at it.

It's so easy to check 10 years of MOT history for cars from there though. Takes 30 seconds with a free app.

Only things you could miss is someone doing it before the first MOT and/or every year before the MOT.
My mate sold a car to a dealer in England with over 120k on it and it’s now for sale with 83k on it. VAG stuff is all clocked ffs.

Yeah they seem to wear the miles well :grinning:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Either everything is about to burn around him or he does not give a fiddler's - he is listing more cars than ever for sale on Gumtree pics taken from outside his mansion.

Flip, I think I know the seller you’re on about. I saw a few of his ads recently and thought the house etc was a bit fan by for the cars being sold. So that’s him? 😮

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I checked a 1.9tdi B6 A4 the other day...seems to only do 1k a year for the past few years.....

Possible but unlikely!

design1

RMS Regular
And before mot now especially now the miles are on the mot cert.you wouldnt no what your buying out there half the country is probably at it