Belfast Motor Show 2014, Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Seen an advertisment for this a Balmoral show,
Whats happening?

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
They're still running competitions for tickets as of 30 minutes ago.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
I got an e-mail from them on Monday willing to take £17.50 off me for an entry..

I never got round to making the entry yet, might just hold off to see what the crack is.

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
Yep got an email last night saying they were changing the process and a refund would be issued but my entry has still been accepted ok. Maybe going to let show your motor entries go free?

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Sounds like they'll just charge more?

meme9280574872.jpg

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
According to their bakebook page

There's been some amazing applications for Show your Motor, 1923 motorbike one of only 8 remaining in the world, beautifully restored vintage cars, pimped out vans, mini bus, classic cars and very cool modified motors.

New process if you'd like to submit your own motor please email info@belfastmotorshow.co.uk and include the following
name
address
telephone
make
model
year
reg number
a photograph

You must submit all the information requested to enter, entry is FREE and open until 30th June, with decisions made on 1st July.
Any queries please ring the office 07900950632

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Obviously all RMS cars are of a great standard.

But if you paid your money you were allowed to enter, I imagine half the place would be filled with D-Turbos on the steet leek!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
According to their bakebook page

There's been some amazing applications for Show your Motor, 1923 motorbike one of only 8 remaining in the world, beautifully restored vintage cars, pimped out vans, mini bus, classic cars and very cool modified motors.

New process if you'd like to submit your own motor please email info@belfastmotorshow.co.uk and include the following
name
address
telephone
make
model
year
reg number
a photograph

You must submit all the information requested to enter, entry is FREE and open until 30th June, with decisions made on 1st July.
Any queries please ring the office 07900950632[/QUOTE

What a awesome way of hoovering up a lot of details. Shopping list anyone

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
VERY interesting, i got 'accepted' a few months ago, but then invoiced for 17.50 to 'enter my car'... i replied with a big Stone Cold Steve Austin 'HELL NO'...
I emailed back and fourth with the 'organisers' to say why should we pay that amount to enter our cars which will make YOUR show for paying at door public...
Seems maybe they've seen sense now and realised that without our cars there would be no show! Still think i won't bother entering now anyway... the fun's gone!

corsacj

RMS Regular
The way the organisers speak gives me the impression they aren't petrol heads, and it's just a business venture. Problem is though when it's a big motor show, you're expected to know business and motors, neither seems to be a forté of theirs right now?

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
Mailshot out this morning says that Noble will have an M600 there - what isnt clear is whether its privately owned or its factory supported?
Nice to see Maria Costello appearing too, instead of some daft reality tv bints with no motoring nous behind them

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I wonder if the smart arses will be eating humble pie?
Here's hoping it's a success :grinning:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I wonder if the smart arses will be eating humble pie?
Here's hoping it's a success :grinning:

If it does well, good for them. However I would still stand by my original assessment that their method of organising it all has been a bit of a shambles. I still think charging standees is totally the wrong way to go, I'll even quote myself :p

10 yrs on and it seems the same old issue of having to pay to display your own car at a show (which is fully dependent on cars being there to make a profit) is still rearing its head. Do these show organisers never learn? Charge door entry, traders and merchandise by all means, but the people displaying their cars and thus facilitating your show should not be charged.

We ran a large RMS 10th anniversary show at J1 and only asked for voluntary charity donations from anyone displaying.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.