Belle Minimix 150 - 240v

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Any electrical engineers on here that could help?
Maybe @lightning as you will have seen plenty of these, maybe not for repair though.

I have my FILs wee electric mixer down to do a bit of work however when you switch it on all you get is a buzzing/ humming sound as if the motor is locked up and the drum obviously doesnt spin.

I can manually spin the gearbox/ pulleys/ motor by hand so there is nothing physically locking up the motor. Bearings in the motor seem fine, smooth with no play.

Changed the capacitor and it had a new switch a few years ago. Ive ordered another to see if that will help. Other than that I think the motor is likely dead i think?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Anton

Avant1

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Try a slightly higher rated capacitor you have 5% variance and sometimes it helps kick the motor around what uf rating is the one you tried ?

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
New switch and new cap didn't work.
Opened the motor and the rotor has been rubbing on the stator. You can see the wear marks. Couldn't feel it when turning it by hand though.
Both bearings are fine so I am not sure what has caused the interference.
Is this likely to be the problem?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
If it's been rubbing, it might have blown any of the fuses / trips on the circuit right back to the board. It might be worth looking at the bearing casings for cracks as something will have to have moved to allow it to rub.

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
It all looks fine tbh.
There is no fuse or board that I can see.
Just a switch (incorporates a thermal overload i think), capacitor and the motor.
Motor body looks fine. Front bearing looks fine and the rear bearing looks a little dirty but moves freely with no play.

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
Update on this.
Motor was fecked, must have been a short in the windings. Something I haven't the skills to fix and likely not economical to fix.

I did however salvage a motor from a scrap mixer (just stopped working one day and was thrown in a scrap pile) and now it's back working.