Belt Tensioner

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I was trying to fit light weight Crank and Water pump pulleys to my Focus last night but couldnt figure out how to use the belt tensioner to get the belt off.

Anyone know how they work??

Cormac

RMS Regular
Surely ull have to take the timing belt off for this, Take her out to Davey Kilgore he's an expert with fords, pm me for more details!

Cormac

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Its not the timing belt, its the ancillary belt...

Ive had a few people try and describe to me how to work this yok, kinda hard to understand over the net but Ill give it another go later today...

S_Gault

RMS Regular
just amatter of removing bottom pulley (timing belt is on inner pulley).

you'll need to lock it up via the starter motor to stop it turning.

Shouldnt need to go near belt tensioner- its on an bolt with offset pulley.. you slacken bolt, pulley moves eccentrically giving tension to belt.

Steven

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
I think I know how to do it now, Ill give it a good in a wee while :grinning:

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Does no-one use haynes manuals any more? Before I knew much about cars these books were like bibles to me.

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
RMS_CLK said:
Does no-one use haynes manuals any more? Before I knew much about cars these books were like bibles to me.

I really should invest in one!!

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
LOL how silly do I feel.

Once shown how to do it I felt embarrassed it was so easy! :oops:

Just grab the nut on the front of the tensioner with a spanner and push it up (spring loaded) and with the tension off the belt, take it off.

Doh!

Anyway thats the next stage of the performance mods on, couple of light weight under drive pulleys :p

Cess

RMS Staff
I think a spec list is in order Scrob lad. You seem to be quietly accumulating lots of go faster bits ;)

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Hmm I dont like to brag bout this kinda stuff mr 2 ooh 5 lad but engine wise i have a 4 branch manifold, decat pipe, mongoose system, bmc induction kit, lightened underdrive pulleys.. i also have a 65mm throttle body which i have taken off due to problems setting it up, think im guna sell it and buy another more reliable brand...but shes good for roughly 140 bhp at the mo 8)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.