Best Fireblade

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
This was my aul boys black/purple/orange Blade. He’d it from new in 93 until around 4 years ago when he sold it with 6k miles. It was absolutely mint. He was adamant neither myself nor the brother would get it as he didn’t want us dying on his bike, so I knew I’d have to get 1 from somewhere else some day... It’s his fault I fell in love with them from an early age.

View attachment 307357

You don't find many in that condition anymore, almost a pity you couldn't have kept it, even as an ornament in the house. They are iconic bikes, and realistically, still all you need for the road.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
This was my aul boys black/purple/orange Blade. He’d it from new in 93 until around 4 years ago when he sold it with 6k miles. It was absolutely mint. He was adamant neither myself nor the brother would get it as he didn’t want us dying on his bike, so I knew I’d have to get 1 from somewhere else some day... It’s his fault I fell in love with them from an early age.

View attachment 307357
I had one identical to that, sold it about 3 years ago which I now know was a pretty stupid move on my part.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
You don't find many in that condition anymore, almost a pity you couldn't have kept it, even as an ornament in the house. They are iconic bikes, and realistically, still all you need for the road.
I’d have loved to be able to keep it, but then it would never have been out, and I wasn’t in a position to give him the £4500 he got for it back then either. At least this 1 I can use on occasion if the want arises, but I’ve the 16’ GSA there and it does everything so well that it would hardly warrant taking the Blade out. It will definitely make the odd appearance in Newcastle though, considering it’s only 10 mile up the road, and a fantastic road it is for a sports bike too, especially past the Park House Inn...