Best Fireblade

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Fireblade chassis is the best for the road. Not the biggest BHP figures not they ain't no slouch.

slag

RMS Regular
I'd say if you take up G's offer of a run on his Blade you wouldn't think twice about which model to go for.. Real nice spec that one. (y)

I had a RR4 for a while and couldn't really fault it, fairly user friendly power delivery too for a thousand. I haven't ridden any of the newer models so can't comment.

Happy hunting.

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
just buy whichever one you like the look of because any modern 1000/900 when used properly will rip your head of and **** down your neck on public roads... regardless of what some people will have you believe or read in mags...

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Not long had a 954 model myself. Haven't done to many miles on it as yet with weather etc but from what I've been on it seems to be a good all rounder and it definitely ain't a slouch. Has a exhaust system and power commander. Would love for a 08/09 repsol model tho. Cant justify it at min unfortunately. Post pics up when you get sorted.

Attachments

• fireblade 1.jpg
    fireblade 1.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 129
  • fireblade.jpg
    fireblade.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 164

slag

RMS Regular
Not long had a 954 model myself. Haven't done to many miles on it as yet with weather etc but from what I've been on it seems to be a good all rounder and it definitely ain't a slouch. Has a exhaust system and power commander. Would love for a 08/09 repsol model tho. Cant justify it at min unfortunately. Post pics up when you get sorted.

Awesome, it still looks so fresh. I find it hard to believe they are over 10 years old now.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Awesome, it still looks so fresh. I find it hard to believe they are over 10 years old now.

Only 10k on it slag and was looked after like a baby by previous owner who I know quite well so was a massive plus point for me when buying it!

glynnnova

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 GTST, S2000
Tbh any 600cc super sport bike is all you really need these days, anyone who thinks they're going to drive a 1000cc superbike to the limit of its abilities is being rather silly.

C4L

RMS Regular
heeeellllooooooo (y)(y)

beaut bike, get her bought (although not a massive fan of fully repsol'd out road bikes)

C4L

RMS Regular
Aw... It has to be Repsol'd out te buck!
lol

I was all about the repsol until the uncle got a fireblade (same as the one posted earlier in the thread except uncles is 2011 not 2010) in HRC colours, total babe... I want to lick it or something lol

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
I've always preferred the HRC colours over the Repsol.

What's your gut feeling on the RR9 (apart from the colour scheme!) Gareth?

Seems good value for an RR9.

Could probably push him closer to 5k as I don't need the helmet, boots or paddock stands that he's including in the sale.

Hopefully going to see it on Monday.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Apparently the RR9's weren't as bad at using oil as the RR8's were. The RR9 chassis is really good and the newer suspension from the RR13 drops right in. As for gut feeling, first thing I think about when seeing anything RR8 onwards is the size. I've said it before, but I'd rather an RR6/7 over any on the other of the 'modern' 1000cc CBR's. Improvements over the RR4/5 made it a better bike and the size of the RR8+ were just not a comfortable (smaller riding geometry)

RR9, like all CBR's, will be a great bike. Ditch that pipe, it's disgusting, but if you can get it for circa £5k, you'll be doing well and wouldn't be disappointed with it.

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
Yeah the very early run of the RR8s had piston ring issues which led to high oil consumption. They were all sorted under a recall though and the problem doesn't affect the RR9s at all as far as I know.

To be honest I prefer the RR7 in the cosmetic sense but the RR8 onwards is supposed to be the superior bike in all departments according to the reports that I've read (I haven't ridden one yet though so have no point of reference).

I managed to get a ride on an RR7 that belongs to a customer of mine and really liked it so I'll be able to compare if I get a go on this RR9.

Not a fan of the Leo Vince systems then @viper_biker ?

Hel

RMS Regular
I agree the repsol looks amazing in them but I love the black frame/swingarm/forks/bodywork. Its just so damn stealthy and mean looking. (y)