Best Fireblade

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Nothing wrong with Leo Vince, but every time I see that style of can I cringe. My favourite looking pipe for that shape bike is the Arrow and I'm sure there'd be plenty of full systems floating about for them too. I've an ex-WSBK Arrow system on my bike and even on a standard motor, it works really well.

As for the 07 vs 08 improvements, you'll really only notice them on a track. There's no way you'd tell the differences in 'normal' road riding conditions.

Have to agree with @Hel too, black on black with a little bit of gold are always the fastest bikes LOL

slag

RMS Regular
I quite like that, it's very in-your-face. A bargin too if it's near £5k!

The pigs will spot you a mile away tho with that bright orange front wheel pointin up in the air! :party:

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
repsol.jpg

slag

RMS Regular
There's still loads of them for sale in the basic colours across the water for over 4 grand, whether or not they are being sold at that price is another matter!

Interesting to see one in stock trim, pity the miles aren't on the advert.

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
30,000 miles according to McAllen's website (y)

'Good condition' it says. Slightly ambiguous!

J55NI

RMS Regular
Honda in Ballymena have one in their showroom , maybe worth a phone call to find out more details?. think it was around the 4K mark didn't look much at it just seen it on the way in :grinning:

Sharkman

RMS Regular
Drives
Stick
I hope you have an understanding mrs lol

Tell her you cant ride an extension

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
All you need now is some repsol leathers lol (y) Looks the ticket !!
And the ability to get your knee, elbow and shoulder on the Tarmac without binning it ala Marquez! :p

Lovely bike, health to enjoy! (y)

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
You had to buy a Repsol with 93 as you're avatar!

Looks mint. I take you are organising delivery?

Ha ha! Yes, big fan!

Bike is in outstanding nick. One of the salesmen e-mailed me about 30 forensic photos.

Struck a deal with them on delivery which I couldn't turn down. Bike is being delivered on Saturday!

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
You will just have resist the temptation to ride it until the weather improves..................well maybe just a wee run! It's not like you would mind cleaning it:cool:

I bought my bike in December 2012 just as the weather went to poo!

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
If it dries up I'll get a run out but it'll be for fair day riding only. At least we're heading into spring shortly!

The delivery driver knows NI well which is a plus.
He's been coming over for the road races since 1998 .. NW200, UGP, Armoy, Cookstown, Tandragee etc and even races at the Ulster GP.

He's making the most of his trip over by going to view a guy's collection of road race pictures while he's over.
Jeff rush the artist who paints all the road racers has got him a very rare viewing.
Apparently the chap doesn't let many people near as it's his own private gallery.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
@Captain Starlet that was a random like on a historic post... 😂

Very fitting all the same, given that I’ve finally got round to getting myself an SC28 Blade, though not quite the aforementioned black/purple/orange twin headlight model from page 1, I settled on a very clean 95 Ross White Fox Eye:

D97E80F2-EB3B-4210-B6F5-D2D89EAE1264.jpeg

It has since be centred on the mat... 🤦‍♂️

Bring on the spring sun and better weather.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
@Captain Starlet that was a random like on a historic post... 😂

Very fitting all the same, given that I’ve finally got round to getting myself an SC28 Blade, though not quite the aforementioned black/purple/orange twin headlight model from page 1, I settled on a very clean 95 Ross White Fox Eye:

View attachment 307356
It has since be centred on the mat... 🤦‍♂️

Bring on the spring sun and better weather.

Random indeed 😂, I was looking through old cbr posts and couldn't not like the bike, the colours were perfect. Love the new one too, my dad had one and stuffed it into a lorry going between Killyleagh and comber. Would love a look round it if you have it out in the summer, I have a real soft spot for them.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Random indeed 😂, I was looking through old cbr posts and couldn't not like the bike, the colours were perfect. Love the new one too, my dad had one and stuffed it into a lorry going between Killyleagh and comber. Would love a look round it if you have it out in the summer, I have a real soft spot for them.
This was my aul boys black/purple/orange Blade. He’d it from new in 93 until around 4 years ago when he sold it with 6k miles. It was absolutely mint. He was adamant neither myself nor the brother would get it as he didn’t want us dying on his bike, so I knew I’d have to get 1 from somewhere else some day... It’s his fault I fell in love with them from an early age.

71559FD7-A13A-40F6-AE7F-F59E5E602DD9.jpeg