Best Leather Cleaner/feed?

mmc01

RMS Regular
Bought a highline interior for my car yesterday. Overall the seats are in very good nick and I want to keep them that way.. There are a few light cracks etc which can be expected.. Is there any certain product I should buy to try and restore it to it's best finish?

Edit: forgot to add I bought zymol leather cleaner and Auto Glym leather balm yesterday, All they really did was make it smell good!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I like gliptone. They do a cleaner and a conditioner. Leather in the Jeep looks virtually brand new after a once over with it and it's 16 years old.

ewok

RMS Regular
Gliptone is brilliant but I also bought a bucket of wipes from dr leather a y they are quite good

mmc01

RMS Regular
OP
M
Gliptone it is then.. Is it available in the likes of halfords or should I get it off eBay or the likes?

Rfg

RMS Regular
Gilptone is very very good and one we use quite a lot another is Raceglaze which is a more subtle smell. Gliptone is available from most online sellers and Orchard autocare is getting a shipment in cough cough lol!

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
bespoke leather sells it too

Aye that's where I got mine bundled with the scuffmaster kit

a bit off topic here lads, this may sound a bit anal but I had a small glass jar in my coat pocket with flat edges on it and it seems that one of the flat edges has now imprinted on to one side of my seat, the imprint was quite noticeable yesterday when it happened

I checked for it again this morning and it's not as noticeable, but still there - will it eventually disappear or will I have to treat the leather to get it to disappear???

Rfg

RMS Regular
you can use a steamer to "lift" it out of the leather. heat is the handiest way to do it.

Rfg

RMS Regular
just be careful place a micorfibre on te seat and steam it dont do it directly on to the leather. keep checking so not to lift any dye fron the seat and dont scrub at it.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Moved from dr leather to dodo juice supernatural leather cleaner and I'm very impressed with it.

Seats only have 45k miles on them but they came up like new

IMG_9177.JPG

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Always been a fan of Dr Leather, leaves a nice matt clean finish I just spray on and agitate with a KIWI leather brush.

It's a necessity when you've a F series car, the steering wheels go shiny just from looking at them. Dr leather has kept mine matt and subtle.

I think knowing the type of leather makes a difference in the product choice, as most are sealed and can't take a conditioner. The older leather stuff would maybe see more of the benefit of the gliptone twins

Nigelo

RMS Regular
I've some Pears soap from Tesco's which I use with a very soft brush for a more substantial clean. Some of the meguiars stuff I have leaves a soft 'sheen' which I'm not a fan off, but the BMW Merino leather is slightly porous and isn't clear-coated the way Dakota is, so it does need a bit of conditioning and these products do tend to leave a little shine until they are absorbed.
I use Dr leather wipes for the steering wheel and seats for day to day cleaning, but some folks have been recommending Renapur stuff.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I redone mine with detailed onlines range.
Took mine back to a matt finish. Used meguiars all in one on it and it left a shine on it which I didn't like. I left photos and all about it on rate your products thread.