Best Merc?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
for round £25k

my dad mite be thinking of a new merc so wot do u think the best is for £25k?

thanks

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
he's had a few BM's but prefers the merc always has

at the min he drives one of the newish C180 SE Classic's (2ltr SC auto) quite the weapon but a bit basic looks wise!

got a new brochure in there this week and has been invited to one of the showings of the new SL range i think

c wot happens

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
not a bad wee one in the trader........

media

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Whats he after? coupe / family / exec / lux? Personally I cant find anything I dislike about the CLK 320. Its luxury at part throttle and beast at full - perhaps a little more go would be nice, but for the size of engine its quick (beat a 330 ci bmw) and handles well. For your dad though an E class might suit better - 320 cdi is a great car and surprisingly fast. Outstanding luxury and look great with a set of amg 18"s. 25k could get a 2002 - 2003 e320 cdi or else a 2002 clk 320 avantgarde. Sayin that i'd be tempted to talking him into a 350z - perfect for the price range and a bit sportier!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
yeah looked at a 350z for £22/23k

my dad would be more into luxury and would have to be an auto but id like the aesthetic factor aswell lol so talking the works!

ill suggest a E class to him and see wot he likes :laughing:

cheers

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
an old friend has a nice merc pitty tho it cost him 100 grand well for some i say. looks sumthing like the above only she is a bigger mofo

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Go for BMW!! They have 5 years free servicing on at the mo which if you add it up is a good saving. Plus...my dad got a grand off the asking price of his. Its coming this day week....wonder if ill be able to drive it since he cant :laughing:

RN7

Wot bout a 270 clk cdi 270 avantgarde se auto?its got 17" amg alloys.Its me dads n hes think of sellin it. :roll:

delboy

RMS Regular
Drives
Traffic LWB
what about a jaguar? My dad bought an 03 X-type 2ltr, its a diesel right enough but even at that it was only £16-17k. Jag Racing Green, Full Cream Leather Interior, 17's, its an ex demo car so it has all the extras (well aprt from the 18's) but its class!

its very quick, extremely luxurious and comfortable and also very smart/exec looking.

oh, and it puts out a nice 150 brake too!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.