Best Place for Motorbike Gear?

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I badly need a new helmet, gloves and Leather Jacket that match my Cafe Racer.

Where are the best places to go in Northern Ireland for this? I much prefer to try things on so mail order is out. The places around Coleraine are ok for Superbike style clothing but have little in the way of the style of gear I am looking for.

Preferably not too much further south than Belfast.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Mccallens have a decent gear floor in the show room, though I wasn't impressed with their non movement on in store price, their web price for the same item was substantially cheaper

I get that it's a store front, but they didn't budge, reasoning being "we provide a personal experience and on hand help/advice for sizing etc when trying things on"

I literally grabbed the jacket I wanted in two sizes off the rack, tried both then went to buy the size that fit with no interaction šŸ˜‚

If you can't find what you're after maybe try some things of brands you know you like and order online if they don't have the stock?

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Canā€™t comment on recently as itā€™s been quite a few years for meā€¦.others can maybe vouch or not - module road and race in Antrim might be worth a shout.
At the very least give you a few different things to try on.

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
Module have a great selection although recent reports say that the girl working upstairs is putting people off buying there.Infinity on the Boucher Road have a fairly good selection and will match any online price you find.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Module have a great selection although recent reports say that the girl working upstairs is putting people off buying there.Infinity on the Boucher Road have a fairly good selection and will match any online price you find.
Wouldn't go back to module, as soon as I walked in I was asked are you here to look or here to buy.

Wouldnt be so bad, but I had been up with the wife a few months ago to kit her out and spent a fortune.

Ended up leaving and just bought it all online from sportsbikeshop.com. Probably should support locally, but begrudge giving them my money given their attitude.

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
Wouldn't go back to module, as soon as I walked in I was asked are you here to look or here to buy.

Wouldnt be so bad, but I had been up with the wife a few months ago to kit her out and spent a fortune.

Ended up leaving and just bought it all online from sportsbikeshop.com. Probably should support locally, but begrudge giving them my money given their attitude.
Yeah,got the same attitude recently.Usually go to infinity now.Have given and sent Module a lot of business over the years but the attitude recently hasn't been good!

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Yeah,got the same attitude recently.Usually go to infinity now.Have given and sent Module a lot of business over the years but the attitude recently hasn't been good!
I get that some people go up to maybe try the gear on and buy online, but tarring all customers with the same brush as soon as they enter is surely just shooting yourself in the foot.

Plenty of other places to shop

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Same ^ Module, Infinity, McCallen.
Module has loads of stock, and a great choice of brands but boss man a bit meh.
A good place to browse when it's busy. Not so much if you are the only customer.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Thanks Guys,

Look like I can give Infinity a go and depending on success could head to McCallen afterwards. Perhaps its best to give Module a miss unless the other don't have what I need.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
I get that some people go up to maybe try the gear on and buy online, but tarring all customers with the same brush as soon as they enter is surely just shooting yourself in the foot.

Plenty of other shops, have had a good experience in Infinity and McCallens

rollinstone

RMS Regular
Drives
Old man car
I get supporting local but module were 100 quid dearer for a leather jacket with no movement, I have bought more in infinity they are all sound and willing to help, both me and the missus have spent clean fortunes in the place!

cupraricky

RMS Regular
I badly need a new helmet, gloves and Leather Jacket that match my Cafe Racer.

Where are the best places to go in Northern Ireland for this? I much prefer to try things on so mail order is out. The places around Coleraine are ok for Superbike style clothing but have little in the way of the style of gear I am looking for.

Preferably not too much further south than Belfast.
Shameless plug..... I've some good nick 2nd hand stuff in classifieds for sale if any of it was suitable

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
The only use for Module now is sizing in real life and then buying cheaper online, such is the way of their customer service and attitude lol

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Bit random and coincidental timingā€¦just had an email with halfords motorbike gear (not sure if itā€™s new or been there a while, never looked Tbf) but with trade discount šŸ‘šŸ¼

6BA8A1F4-7941-4BE7-A68B-6B820A4F8115.jpeg

smb1

RMS Regular
Drives
golf gti
was in infinity the other day ,lads working there are dead on ,personally id buy nothin from that c..t mc callen

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Never got a chance to check while home. I shall visit a few places when next home.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Thanks Guys,

Look like I can give Infinity a go and depending on success could head to McCallen afterwards. Perhaps its best to give Module a miss unless the other don't have what I need.
Call with @big_pete and lift my gear. Jacket and trousers only worn twice. If it fits you can have them for a donation to the RNLI.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Thanks, but I won't be home until end of August.

I definitely need to try things on which rules out online.

I bought a 1 piece leather RST suit from them online on a Sunday night. It arrived on Tuesday and didnā€™t fit properly, so it was sent back at their cost on Wednesday and refunded on Thursday when they seen the parcel was in transit to them. Canā€™t knock those big online places, even if you were to buy 3 of the same jacket in 3 different sizes and send the 2 wrong 1ā€™s back. Canā€™t beat them the for service.

Module wanted Ā£259 for a Dainese jacket I was looking to buy recently, and I seen it for Ā£139 online. Asked Keith (the owner) if there was any movement on price given that Iā€™d spent over Ā£1100 with him on 2 helmets and a pair of boots not too long before hand, and was met with a ā€œTake it or leave itā€ attitude.