Best place to buy Silcone hoses

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

civic_tom

RMS Regular
Hi folks,

I’m on the lookout for a 4”-3” silicone reducing elbow and can see numerous places who sell them online.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere in particular they have used before and know are good quality?

Thanks.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Not try Rubber & Plastic in Duncrue? Not really automotive but have all kinds of hosing available.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I'm a big Samco fan boy so they would get my vote.

I recently purchased some cheapies for the coolant lines on the civic, they were surprisingly dead on, if a little long for a specific car kit.

I've also bought eBay chinese reducers, only for brake ducts and they were fine quality too...

The only thing I've read is that the cheap stuff can de-laminate...

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
Often use ASH myself, I always buy through their eBay store and delivery is usually quick, never had issues with quality either

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
ASH, Viper, SFS, Samco, Roose, whatever, there are loads really.

And depending on application, even the cheap chinese stuff will likely be fine.

Or maybe try Powermax in Cookstown if looking local, they keep a fair bit in stock.

civic_tom

RMS Regular
OP
civic_tom
ASH, Viper, SFS, Samco, Roose, whatever, there are loads really.

And depending on application, even the cheap chinese stuff will likely be fine.

Or maybe try Powermax in Cookstown if looking local, they keep a fair bit in stock.

Never even entered my head that Powermax would stock them. Very close to me too, I’ll keep that in mind for future reference, cheers!

civic_tom

RMS Regular
OP
civic_tom
Got the silcone parts from ASH so figured I’d update this thread. Very happy with the quality considering the reasonable price in comparison to some of the other UK suppliers. Also picked up a few stainless steel T-bolt clamps which look the part. Dispatch/Delivery times were also excellent. Would definitely buy from them again.

6E7750AB-DAEA-438A-A413-C8A7B6D1C881.jpeg

Last edited:

civic_tom

RMS Regular
OP
civic_tom
Also, a tip for anyone interested in buying aluminium piping. I bought the length of piping you see in the pic from a page on eBay ‘apautomotive509-1’. After looking at the dispatch address, I discovered that this is also coming from ASH. The only difference is that, for some reason, this page on eBay sells the piping for cheaper than on ASH’s actual website.

1000mm of 4” piping (1.6mm wall) was £22 delivered from memory from the eBay page.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.