Bidding on a plate via dlva registrations website

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Just wondering is an easy process? Never did it before and wondering if it best via phone or internet site, can you set a max you want to go to and see if you win? Can’t find much info on it.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
very easy, login, register for the auction , then register to bid online,
you will receive a bidders number by email,
closer to the time you will receive the passcode aslo and then on the day you login with all this info and place your bid, its not like ebay where you place a max and it bids in increments, when you put in a bid the auction goes to that, then its up to someone else to go a bit more before the hammer falls. if they dont then you win.

Cossers

RMS Regular
OP
Cossers
Drives
Cheers for that bud, thing I’m a bit word about is internet connection! Generally it’s great but you never know! What about via phone? Just reluctant to depend on the internet connection refresh being slow and missing out :-(

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
no idea by phone TBH , have bought a few with no issues online, even on the phone on one occasion

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
On the dvla you will see a reg you fancy and its maybe listed at £200, you go through all the hoops to register and when you login same plate has maybe bids on it of upwards of 3 times advertised price. Bear in mind there is also vat and commission on your final bid, and iirc the £80 transfer fee also, so do your homework on final pricing

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I bought my plate via auction and that was using 4g connection. I’m sure you’ll be OK with internet.

All the best with the bidding.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Without hi-jacking this thread, can I phone and request a NCZ xxxx number plate? Tax checker is showing no results on search

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Without hi-jacking this thread, can I phone and request a NCZ xxxx number plate? Tax checker is showing no results on search

You can email enquiries re specific plates. I've done it twice now, the first time it was put online within a few days of asking (they told me when it was going on) and the second I was told would be in an auction within 6 months which isnt up yet.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
You can email enquiries re specific plates. I've done it twice now, the first time it was put online within a few days of asking (they told me when it was going on) and the second I was told would be in an auction within 6 months which isnt up yet.

Cheers lad. Will get one sent now

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Someone can't just wait and outbid you at the last second to win either, it causes the end of the plate auction to extend by 30mins.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Someone can't just wait and outbid you at the last second to win either, it causes the end of the plate auction to extend by 30mins.

That’s in the timed auction , the next event is a live auction. You bid till there are no more bids and then the hammer falls.

Cossers

RMS Regular
OP
Cossers
Drives
How long before the last bit and the hammer going down, ie how long have you to place/up you bid?

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
It’s just like a regular auction (in real life) maybe 3 or 4 seconds of no more bids then going once appears , if still no more after a few seconds then going twice appears then if still nothing SOLD.

If you watch the first few going through you will get the picture, it’s straight forward enough

Wilseyvr6

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk3 VR6
Hi! I used to go to Wilson's to the live auction, Then everything moved to mainland. Nervous at first about the online/telephone bids... in the end I used the telephone bid... they called me about 3 plates in advance... confirmed which number of intetest etc then straight forward they bid on your behalf so certainly don't be afraid to try that option it worked very well for me each time.