Big Accident on the Shore Road, Greenisland!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Just heard about this there now, apparently some are saying 1 man is dead and 2 others critically injured. Happened around Belfast High School area, traffic was awful all morning up round are way on the top road so must have had the road closed.

Happended around 6-7 in the morning today.

Anyone heard anything?

Chris

thomasr

RMS Member
Drives
Swif Sport
Dident hear anything mate but is the traffic really bad out there i am heading out that dierection later?
Thanks

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Dont know about now mate ... seems to be moving quickly up my direction now so must have cleared it on.

Just heard on the radio there it was actually around 12 last night ... PSNI only cleared the roads this morning of it.

Kirsty2504

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta
Dad is a teacher in Belfast High, he phone about an hour ago saying there was a car accident involving 3 young fellas happened about 2-3am...1 dead, 1 seriously injured so far

Gavlar

RMS Regular
scary stuff, just 20minutes before that time I was coming back from leavin the gf home

sturgy

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra type r
traffic was mad emma got out and got the train at trooperslane and i turned and went the very back roads

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Took me two hrs to get to Carrick this morning via monkstown and greenisland lol.
Mad traffic

polotdi

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Tiguan
I didn't leave the house, traffic was a nightmare. Mum and Dad both phoned me at 7.30 to let me know that even then it was bad.

Happened around 2am. It was a car and a lorry. Supposedly the police are treating it as crime? Yeah and 1 dead, 1 critical and 1 ok. Road is still closed which is a pain but understandable. You can't get out of the Jordanstown road or the Station Road in Greenisland. I stayed at home...!

RIP whoever it was. Scary when it happens close to home.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
only hearing there now?? :p happened at 2am!

Looked out the front window at 6.15am not seeing any cars go by which was random. had to head up station road, cars were queued back to the lights, took 17mins to get to the bridge, 25 to the top road, 45 to shore road via monkstown and jtown road, 80 mins over all to get to work in Dunmurry!

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
APPARENTLY this is being blamed on deathriders i hear?! They crashed into the lorry...

Whether its true or not will transpire...

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
JR's... Deathriders has been the new name for a while so as not to glorify it, just no-one here uses it :p

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Thats what im talking about

you rarely hear of a Bike riding joyrider

its 99% of the time cars..

So why would they be called A "RIDER"

Cro

RMS Regular
Yeah know what you mean now. Think on the mainland they call them TWOCERS (taken without owners concent, sounds like a cop term), or at least thats the only place I have heard the term

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
traffic was mad on the Jordanstown road this morning (heading towards Monkstown). Thankfully i go via the shore road to North Belfast.

Hope anyone caught up in this accident (who arent JR's) make a speedy recovery

Ema

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat
because joyistealcarsthendrivethemcrashthemandsometimesburnthem didnt really have a nice ring to it

CW E46

RMS Regular
if it is joyriders, thats karma for you!

i wonder where the rats who jacked the del sol crx where at 2am this morning??

M@tt B

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx S14
If its joy riders then that is karma (y) What about the tesco lorry driver? Is he ok?

Edit: Just reread the story, im guessing the lorry driver was grand just the ones in the car that got harmed.

RIP if the driver and passengers where innocent, if they where joy riders then another one bites the dust (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.