big problem wit beemer......................................

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Arouser

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 TDI130, B5
need a bita help lads, me dads beemer keeps dippin the revs when it is idleing, some times it is just about to cut out, the needle on the rev counter goes up and down between around 300 rpm and about 750 rpm lik a stripper on a pole!!! car drives fine just has this problem when idleing not sure what the hell is up any ideas?? what worries me most is the cars only commin up to 3 years old!!!!!!!!!

Dermot

Petrol or Diesel? How much warrenty comes with Beemers ? If its still under Warrenty I'd have it straight down the dealers and not even worry about it..

Arouser

RMS Regular
OP
Arouser
Drives
B6 A4 TDI130, B5
its a petrol, we bought it after it was about 3 year old, aint got a warrenty from BMW, got a 3 month warrenty from the place we bought it from, but its got a full bavarian service history, it done alota miles in the few years, in the book it says it had a service bout a month before we bought it, but ther hasnt been a problem with it since we bought it.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
i have had this problem on my beemer

i pulled the electrical connection to the air box of and it came up the revs no probs

so i took the aircleaner apart and inside the throttle body is a wee sensor looks kinda like a pin with a ball on it sticking down i just cleaned with some carb cleaner and she was fine

but i wasnt sure if it was dirty petrol make sure u r not getting any water in your petrol cause when i cleaned out the tank there was a wee drop in her

Arouser

RMS Regular
OP
Arouser
Drives
B6 A4 TDI130, B5
cheers lads, im gettin a mate of ma das to have a hoak at it next week to get it sorted!

Arouser

RMS Regular
OP
Arouser
Drives
B6 A4 TDI130, B5
another wee thing we noticed, under load the car makes a wee squeaky sorta noise, guessin it might be onea the belts???

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
that would be the potentiometer, tps is in the throttle body, common to go on alot of the bosch systems, specially ones that dont get driven much or get driven in trafic alot, constantly sitting at idle, wears the we brass strip below it so doesnt make a proper electrical contact

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.