Big thanks to the DOE gritters

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

D.T.T.B.

RMS Regular
Drives
celica gt4 st185
i have fixed that fence more times than enough graham when i worked for the bloke who owned all that land its a git of a bend and always catches ppl out especially young drivers. glad i dont have to fix it this time hehehe

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
I came home from work at 11pm on Monday night. The main Glenshane Road between Castledawson and Maghera didnt look like a snowplough or gritter was anywhere near it. The Glenshane Pass was a disgrace.
As RMS_CLK said its more than paid for through the tax we pay, and imo more needs to be done.

rosie

RMS Regular
Drives
anything that bl
exactly i tried to get out to work yesterday and I got about 1/2 a mile from hoem before having to turn , there was no grit at all and I live right beside a main road!

the condition of the roads in general is crap anyway never mind with snow and ice!

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
pablo said:
LOL at the clio - binned :p
are u sure he just didnt get in the gritters way! lol.

they do indeed do a good job and with such limited resources they cover a lot of miles. sometimes we forget that mother nature is sometimes beyond the poor DOEs gritting capabilities and we complain about it.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Lyons said:
rugrat said:
M2 was a sheet of ice on way to work - no snowplough or gritter on it :?

i too was surprised the M1 and westlink, among other major routes were also ungritted

it doesnt take long for a volume of traffic to disperse the grit to the sides of the roads and grit CANT work miracles either.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
VEN©M said:
Lyons said:
rugrat said:
M2 was a sheet of ice on way to work - no snowplough or gritter on it :?

i too was surprised the M1 and westlink, among other major routes were also ungritted

it doesnt take long for a volume of traffic to disperse the grit to the sides of the roads and grit CANT work miracles either.

well, it would have done a better job than having none. i assumed the constant stream of cars would also destroy the snow, but even in between cars, it still fell...and remained :?

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
it may have been the case that it wasnt gritted at all, maybe it was done the night previous and most had been scattered etc...but i dont think they'd overlook the major arterial routes in and out of belfast

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
I it was pretty wild up where i am patches of black ice under snow and slush, was driving to work early morning, and came to the new roudabout near Ballynure, and had an accidential slide.

Must have looked mega impressive as I slide sideways around it (lost the back end at about 20mph cornoring and then corrected lol!), but seing as it was 7am and there was no traffic I can be thankful I just didn't smack the motor or anyone else lol!

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
as long as the back roads and secluded car parks are grit free then its all good

must admit i do appricate the doe gritting services when going to and from work etc

Gemma

RMS Regular
the banbridge council gritters where very good, the peices of grit were massive!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.