Bike transport

stu_200sx

RMS Regular
I need a bike (non-running) lifted from Larne and dropped off at Millsport in Ballymoney on 30th/31st of March. Can anybody recommend someone who could do this? Thanks.

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Question lads, see if/when you's have bought a bike from across the water if Ady lifts it, do you pay when he lands at their door to collect it on the day or do you pay for it in full beforehand?

Never done it before and have spotted a bike but it is from a private seller so im abit wary of paying etc.

Id rather buy local as id like to deal face to face but at the minute i cant find a bike im after.
Any help is appreciated.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
I paid Aidy when he dropped my bike off which was a private sale from Norwich off eBay. I just paid the guy a couple of hundred deposit then bank transferred him the rest when Aidy arrived to collect it.

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
I paid Aidy when he dropped my bike off which was a private sale from Norwich off eBay. I just paid the guy a couple of hundred deposit then bank transferred him the rest when Aidy arrived to collect it.

Good to hear that @Brian mc21 il do abit more research on the bike and if all good il organise Aidy to lift it.

Its only in Glasgow so hopefully not too much hassle to get lifted.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Yes a bit of trust involved. When Aidy got there I spoke to him and he said yep the bike is as the guy described. Now I’m not saying I would have been holding him responsible but he knows what he was looking at so that helps. So I transferred nearly 10k to the guy and it took ages to go through but he let the bike go and it was all good.

Lee

RMS Regular
The first bike Ady brought over for me I gave him cash to bring over. Worked out ok. The second bike, I think the bank wouldn't give me the cash out, and I didn't want to chance transferring the money when Ady landed to collect, incase there was a massive delay. So I had the seller already paid up via transfer. I wasn't happy until I received word the bike had been lifted 🙈 squeaky bum. But I done some digging on the seller beforehand and discovered he had his own established business etc so took the chance.

Definitely go across the water for the right bike, so much more choice. Ady is easy to talk to, and doesn't mind you ringing him for an update etc which is a massive thing for me. No messing about.

P.s. go for the 1000 😌

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
The first bike Ady brought over for me I gave him cash to bring over. Worked out ok. The second bike, I think the bank wouldn't give me the cash out, and I didn't want to chance transferring the money when Ady landed to collect, incase there was a massive delay. So I had the seller already paid up via transfer. I wasn't happy until I received word the bike had been lifted 🙈 squeaky bum. But I done some digging on the seller beforehand and discovered he had his own established business etc so took the chance.

Definitely go across the water for the right bike, so much more choice. Ady is easy to talk to, and doesn't mind you ringing him for an update etc which is a massive thing for me. No messing about.

P.s. go for the 1000 😌

Cheers for the info @Lee im going to give Ady a ring here shortly and try get a date sorted for collection!
As much as id love a 1000 im sticking with a 600 again 😊

Reactions: Lee