Bio diesel

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
ive heard it brings down the life of your... now correct me if im wrong here, diesel injector pump. My old manager used to use it in his vectra and the injector pump went, thats what the guy in the garrage said had caused it.

Tho i did think that VW and Audi reccomended it in their manuals!

rosie

RMS Regular
Drives
anything that bl
DO NOT USE IT AT ALL

I went to a wee local filling station where they fill ur car for u , asked for £20 diesel and they car was full to the throat couldn't understand y?

Onw week later I came outta work and car wouldn't start at all had to get mechanic to collect it, drain the car and change all the filters i nearly recked the pump ( i think).

He brought me a sample of what came out it was pure chip oil , u could see wee bits of food in it.

So do not use it folks its bad bad news.!

My car is a new V dubb polo btw, so i doubt that vw reccommend it.

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
I put a few tank fulls into my tdi passat when i had it. Car ran the same on it but then it was due a filter change. When the fuel filter came out it was full of watery *****. Used normal diesel from then on.

D4LY

RMS Regular
Drives
HOME ON A BOAT
i run it for a week or to in my old car it was ok but the fumes smelt like a bbq

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Doesnt posses the same lubricating properties as normal diesel, hence ive seen many a wrecked pump or damaged injectors due to using it. Our warranty dept wont pay for any damage either because you should use reccomended fuel in the handbook.

AndyK

RMS Regular
Drives
Fabia Vrs SE
no problems with it if any thing using the BP Bio getting better miles to the tank and lot less of the black stuff out the back

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
Taken from a reliable source.

When using biodiesel, please note the following points:

1. Biodiesel must conform to DIN EN 14214 Standard
2. The vehicle's performance may be reduced
3. The vehicle's fuel consumption may increase
4. Biodiesel is only stable and suitable for useage at temperatures above -10 degrees celcius. At temperatures below -10 degrees celcius gelling can occur.

Confirm with your manufacturer whether your vehicle can run on biodiesel or requires modification to do so. Some engines are not compatible.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.