Bit more bass...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I can't be assed with a boot install in the Focus and Im pretty happy already with my Momo components, but I would like a little more bass/kick..

Is there such thing as mid bass speakers that would fit into the rear slots? They usually take 5x8's but can be adapted to take anything from a 5" to 6.5" round speaker. I seem to recall Kicker used to do little mid bass speakers with no tweeters which were purely for a bit more "kick" but I can't seem to find them anywhere...

If all else fails I could just go for a set of 5x8" Momo Coax's but I wasn't overly impressed after hearing them in someone else's car..

Any inspiration welcome :grinning:

pablo

RMS Moderator
what about an infinity basslink? its an 8" sub with built in amp and isnt too big or hard to install.

sealed drivers are the only real way to get some bass so you might be able to get some 6.5" speakers in pods into the rear slots but just sticking them in will do feck all really.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
I rekkon it would be simpler just doin a very simple install rather than tryin to squeeze speakers in where they dont really fit.

As pablo said, the infinity basslink or sumthin like Vibe CBR10 ( eg like here ) with built in amp wud do the job nicely. Its not v big, but will give a decent amount of bass, better than any speakers for sure anyways, and prob much the same price.

With you components in the front it would be a nice quality and tidy set up wihout going ott

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Ahhh I know Boydie, my problem is that I can't do things by halves and its all or nothing and I really don't wanna spend any more money on the car!! :lol:

Ill have a look at this Infinity basslink contraption, can't say I've ever heard of it..Im not too bothered as the components give a really fresh lush sound but a little more bass would be nice :grinning:

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
I don't really want anything on the boot floor, ahhh decisions decisions lol the original plan was for a simple build with a 12" momo powered by a dual mono genesis but it wouldve been up over a grand by the time Id finished it and in my eyes a thousand pounds would be better spent on head work, lairy cams and a remap ;) So thats what its going on lol... :p

Mark_D

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 90 XS
I'd look to somthing like the Genesis profile 6.5" midbass - but somthing I cannot emphasise enough is the use of lots of dynamat (preferably extreme) You can install the best speakers in the world in a car and get poor results because of bass cancellation and mechanical distortion.
I installed a set of polks in the front doors of a Pug 406 and the bass was almost at the level of a subwoofer - even when the pug speakers were fitted again the bass was still more pronounced than most competition cars. It was all down to preparation £180 of dynamat and some fibreglass in the front doors had them solid like wood. Get the front doors properly sound deadened to get the full potential of bass from what you have.
Bass can only exist when the front of the speaker is isolated from the back, that's why good speakers are housed in boxes made of dense wood and not plastic, flimsy metal or cardboard - like your car door.

Give it a go, you'll be amazed.

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
My front Momo's punch like good'uns, I used about £40 of Dynamat Xtreme on them, seems to be a good job. Ill have a wee look into these Genesis speakers, I didn't know such things existed! Cheers :laughing:

pablo

RMS Moderator
Mark_D said:
I'd look to somthing like the Genesis profile 6.5" midbass - but somthing I cannot emphasise enough is the use of lots of dynamat (preferably extreme) You can install the best speakers in the world in a car and get poor results because of bass cancellation and mechanical distortion.
I installed a set of polks in the front doors of a Pug 406 and the bass was almost at the level of a subwoofer - even when the pug speakers were fitted again the bass was still more pronounced than most competition cars. It was all down to preparation £180 of dynamat and some fibreglass in the front doors had them solid like wood. Get the front doors properly sound deadened to get the full potential of bass from what you have.
Bass can only exist when the front of the speaker is isolated from the back, that's why good speakers are housed in boxes made of dense wood and not plastic, flimsy metal or cardboard - like your car door.

can certainly agree with this - that pug sounded amazing for a piece of french scrap!

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
pablo said:
Mark_D said:

can certainly agree with this - that pug sounded amazing for a piece of french scrap!

Right Ive been browsing the Gensis website but can only find component sets? :?

Mark_D

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 90 XS
Talk to Sound in Motion 02871814959 or Audio Advice

Ask for a Genesis 16cm profile series midbass
Model Number GEN-P16MB

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.