Blackline remapping

combergti

RMS Regular
Drives
mk6 golf gti
Anyone had them do a car? Didn't notice anything about a rolling road on their site.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
If its something like a Celtic map, they are developed on their Rolling Road and then just flashed on after a few basic health checks on the car.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I had my X5 mapped by them. Brilliant improvement until bmw performed an over the air flash update and it wiped it!

ive to call back and have it Re flashed but I’ve been in the van all the time!

combergti

RMS Regular
OP
combergti
Drives
mk6 golf gti
Cheers folks I'll try calling again tomorrow.

Blackline

RMS Regular
Apologies for only seeing this now.

Yes we are an authorised Celtic Tuning dealer so although we don't have a rolling road at our premises, all the software provided to us by Celtic Tuning is developed on their own rolling roads at their HQs in the UK.

As @FM155 correctly suggested we perform a basic vehicle health check before doing any remap. If all is ok we will flash the software on and then take it for a short test drive to make sure everything is operating as it should.

Celtic Tuning also offer a 14 day money back guarantee so if you aren't happy with the performance of your software upgrade and bring it back to us within those 14 days we will return it back to standard and refund you.

Cheers,

Aaron

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
@Blackline if you've had the the vw ecu software rolled back to pre emissions scandal version will it stay on the same software or will it update to a newer software version with a celtic tune.

Blackline

RMS Regular
@Blackline if you've had the the vw ecu software rolled back to pre emissions scandal version will it stay on the same software or will it update to a newer software version with a celtic tune.

It will only revert to the emissions "fix" software if you bring it to the main dealer and they update the ECU. The Celtic Tuning software is custom written based on the original software the engine was released with prior to the emissions scandal.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Aaron and Gavin did a remap and EGR disable for me today on the Passat. The car is running smoother now and drives far better. It’s really woken the car pulls far better than standard.

Last edited:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Just a quick note to say thanks to the team at Blackline for sorting out my MSRT van yesterday.

Being a mighty 120bhp with the automatic box, the lack of acceleration was dangerous at times.

Whilst she’s no fire breathing monster it’s definitely released a few ponies and acceleration has notably improved

I had a nice run home and the van definitely goes nearly as sharp as it sounds, huh @Blackline ?!

Thanks again guys

Blackline

RMS Regular
Just a quick note to say thanks to the team at Blackline for sorting out my MSRT van yesterday.

Being a mighty 120bhp with the automatic box, the lack of acceleration was dangerous at times.

Whilst she’s no fire breathing monster it’s definitely released a few ponies and acceleration has notably improved

I had a nice run home and the van definitely goes nearly as sharp as it sounds, huh @Blackline ?!

Thanks again guys

Glad you're happy Ross and thank you! :grinning:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Yes, Celtic Tuning have stage 1 software for that car which would bring it up to around 519hp and 565lb/ft of torque! :grinning:

Sweet, he is looking at a res delete as well, can you provide anything? I can source Bull-X mid pipes for example

Blackline

RMS Regular
Sweet, he is looking at a res delete as well, can you provide anything? I can source Bull-X mid pipes for example

We would be happy to fit those Bull-X resonator deletes at the same time if he wants?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
What about a 18 tiguan 2.0tdi 150 dsg 4motion? Can you do anything with it and maybe a dsg map aswell?

I had a tuning box on my Tiguan which really transformed it so I would highly recommend getting it mapped.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Same engine more or less but our Q5 was the 138bhp dead donkey, now around 180bhp with a map. Still slow AF but def a lot better than before

Blackline

RMS Regular
What about a 18 tiguan 2.0tdi 150 dsg 4motion? Can you do anything with it and maybe a dsg map aswell?

Yes we can do engine and gearbox software for that no problem.

Celtic Tuning quote 199hp and 288 lb/ft of torque from stage 1 on a 150 TDI. Gearbox software will increase clamping forces & torque limitations to cope better with the increased performance and allow for faster upshifts.