Wanted: Blasting cabinet and parts washer

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
I bought this last year (in blue) used it once for a set of brake calipers if you'd be interested?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I've one of these ?

IME, blasters seem to be a bit of a nightmare, often clogging. Although when they do work, they fire some ***** out ! It can make a hell of a mess.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Don't know what i need TBH @stevieturbo, was initially thinking one of the wee cabinets 🤔 , they seem to be the go-to for everyone.
I'm just starting into stripping the running gear off another project and keep thinking if i had a wee blaster i could just PO15 everything myself, but it might be more efficient just to send it all out and get it blasted and powder coated.

Here's a million questions...
Is yours for sale ?
how do you contain the media, like a gazebo or similar ?
the media be recovered and reused ?
What were you blasting and how rusty was it ?
What media did you use , crushed glass ?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
It is...bid me.

I didn't really, I did it outside and it leaves a ****ing mess ( I did put a tarp down to try and catch it...debatable how successful that was )

It can.....but I figured **** it, too hard to try and collect. But again the bigger and more powerful blaster, the further any media is going to go.

In this instance it was a rear axle, not terribly rusty, but also not practical to blast in a DIY enclosure.

I just used the media Sealey sell.

But as said, the issues I had with both a small unit and this large one, was the pipe/nozzle clogging. When you got it going it definitely blasted well, but it just seemed difficult. Maybe it was something I was doing, maybe my air supply was not dry enough..not really sure.

And yes, it is easier just to get someone else to do it and coat it. But again in this particular instance as it was a rear axle, and at the time I didn't actually want to take it apart, having someone else do it wasn't really an option.