BLO AIR-S

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Anyone have one of these or able to chip in with thoughts/recommendations.

Thought this looked like a good option and very compact.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Just buy the GT, I can’t imagine the S will be good enough for anything other than getting water out of wheel bolt recesses or bits of trim, it just can’t shift a huge volume of air, it’ll take hours to dry a whole car!
I’ve been through the cheap leaf bowers and pet dryers, they aren’t worth a fook imo compared to a proper one

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
Have a cheap blower thing like from Amazon there and it's not a lot of use. Have you got the GT yourself @MarkM?

MarkM

RMS Regular
Have a cheap blower thing like from Amazon there and it's not a lot of use. Have you got the GT yourself @MarkM?

I do, you’re welcome to borrow it before you buy. They all struggle a bit in cold weather as part of the drying process is it heating the air, if ambient is chilly it does take a while!

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
I do, you’re welcome to borrow it before you buy. They all struggle a bit in cold weather as part of the drying process is it heating the air, if ambient is chilly it does take a while!
Thanks kind of you mate. Do you dry your car with this rather than a towel?

We could do Freelander meet 🤣

MarkM

RMS Regular
Thanks kind of you mate. Do you dry your car with this rather than a towel?

We could do Freelander meet 🤣

I’ve not touch dried a car for years, in winter I just use DI vessels and summer or when I want to wax etc it gets blow dried :grinning:
Just let me know when you want it (y) You’re also welcome to come here and we can wash and you dry if it’s easier :grinning: No cuddling though due to COVID :worried:

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I've the GT and it's fantastic, but they are only as good as the protection on the car. Ceramic coated or waxed/sealed cars are a gift to dry and if you do a final rinse with de-ionised water then you don't need to worry about water marks. On the other hand, you'll be ages trying to dry an unprotected car.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Are these any good I had a quick google / YouTube to see performance and it was nil.

Not too bad, don't really use mine much anymore. Gets more use starting the bbq or blowing leaves and cut grass.

I ended up buying a 10m extension lead and cutting the end off it and wiring it in as the lead that comes on the blower is about 2m

Think the biggest problem is it doesn't heat the air so it takes ages. I just dust the car with qd and use my microfiber drying towel instead to save time

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
i have one of the wee Katsu jobs to going strong about 3 years

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
I changed to the Blo- RS after using the Blaster SideKick for years.... difference is incredible.... Blo can dry a whole car, Blaster was just water traps and wheels etc

I’d personally go for the RS as it’s normally available for around £135

if possible call up with @Davey@Procar and he should have stock of each and be able to demo/advise depending on needs

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I've the GT and it's fantastic, but they are only as good as the protection on the car. Ceramic coated or waxed/sealed cars are a gift to dry and if you do a final rinse with de-ionised water then you don't need to worry about water marks. On the other hand, you'll be ages trying to dry an unprotected car.

that’s where Anachem Ultragloss comes in so handy, quick spritz then it’s in and blew down in 10mins

Davey@Procar

RMS Trader
as for blo dry units its a nightmare at the moment with stocks, i currently have the air-s in stock the hand held unit at £95, no air-rs or air-gt, iam not even going put prices up until its confirmed with myself when they land back in stock uk, due to the whole brexit **** the delivery from china has went through the roof and i have been told that the prices will be going up, by how much i dont know, now thats over i do have the new vertool air 180 in stock which is basically the same unit as the air-rs only this comes on wheels, they are priced at £169.99. great unit 5mtr hose, wheels, variable pressure warm and cool.

procar tel 02890 817187

Reactions: ALN

Davey@Procar

RMS Trader
SPECIAL OFFER TOMORROW SATURDAY 1ST MAY! VERTOOL BLODRYER RRP £169.99 OFFER PRICE £149.99 LTD STOCK SO BE QUICK TEL 02890 817187

Reactions: DC.

Davey@Procar

RMS Trader
i have the blo s and the gt currently on back order again, i think barry may have some stock or mark at motorsport and spares. i only have the vertool 180 back into stock.