Blobeye Impreza upgrade

rollinstone

RMS Regular
Drives
Old man car
Evening all you more knowledgeable than me about such things!

I am looking to upgrade my audio in the scooby it's an 04 WRX.

Starting off I would like to update the headunit I installed a pioneer SPH DA100 about 8 years or so ago but the ipod it's connected to is now running through the same songs so would like a replacement double din that will fit flush where I took the existing headunit from.

Does anybody have any thoughts I am bamboozled and am wrecking my head trying to find the right one!

Would like to spend about £200, be able to connect to android to stream music and Bluetooth I had looked at the pioneer DMH-A3300DAB and had pulled the pin on it but got cold feet and cancelled.

any recommendations?

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Evening all you more knowledgeable than me about such things!

I am looking to upgrade my audio in the scooby it's an 04 WRX.

Starting off I would like to update the headunit I installed a pioneer SPH DA100 about 8 years or so ago but the ipod it's connected to is now running through the same songs so would like a replacement double din that will fit flush where I took the existing headunit from.

Does anybody have any thoughts I am bamboozled and am wrecking my head trying to find the right one!

Would like to spend about £200, be able to connect to android to stream music and Bluetooth I had looked at the pioneer DMH-A3300DAB and had pulled the pin on it but got cold feet and cancelled.

any recommendations?
Have you upgraded the speakers at all? If it's not for audio quality I'd imagine anything that has the features you need, plus look ok in the dash will do your job.
I just got a cheap used one of Facebook that you could change the illumination to colour match the dash etc.
I may upgrade speakers and do sound deadening some day, but I'm not overly disappointed in what it sounds like at the min.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I fitted the Pioneer DMH-A3300DAB to the OHs Qashqai a few months back and she loves it. Have to say I've used it a few time myself and its a great unit for the money. Couldn't get the DAB to work though it's not really an issue as the FM works perfectly so she doesn't miss it anyway.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
20201004_121514.jpg
20201004_123110.jpg
20201004_123020.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
That looks decent Charly, was thinking more of a touch screen jobbie, will upgrade speakers at some point oh and would like to dab it up with an ariel adapter!
I'm pretty sure mine has DAB. I wanted something with knobs and buttons as there's no steering controls.
But yeah i know what u mean, I'd have liked something fancier that maybe did apps etc. but for all I need the cheap 2nd hand one does fine.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Android Auto plus screen starts around £300 new. I'd always advise changing the speakers in a Japanese car (except for some Lexus @nobby )
Lyons has suggested the best cheapie in my opinion, thoughall the Quality brands will be good.
If you just want audio streaming and phone kit, then you could try this: Car Audio Equipment | Buy online at Car Audio Security
And save a packet.
And - when changing the speakers, always use dynamat or equivalent in the doors and if you can push £20 extra, fit fastrings for the best results.

rollinstone

RMS Regular
OP
rollinstone
Drives
Old man car
Android Auto plus screen starts around £300 new. I'd always advise changing the speakers in a Japanese car (except for some Lexus @nobby )
Lyons has suggested the best cheapie in my opinion, thoughall the Quality brands will be good.
If you just want audio streaming and phone kit, then you could try this: Car Audio Equipment | Buy online at Car Audio Security
And save a packet.
And - when changing the speakers, always use dynamat or equivalent in the doors and if you can push £20 extra, fit fastrings for the best results.
You are a superstar mate can I give you a shout when I go to do the speakers next month as I know I'll have many questions?