Bluetooth hands free kit

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
Just a quick question, where would people recommend for the supply and fitting of a hands free bluetooth kit to a 2014 Honda Jazz? My wife was looking at getting one from Honda but just wondering where else might be an option.

Thanks

davyk31

RMS Regular
Pretty easy job to do yourself. Getting the stereo out can be the hardest part but with the right removal tool and an Internet search for instructions it should be ok. After that it's very easy. Buy a Parrot set from Amazon and the like and it's a low cost job.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
The above post should be ignored if you are not competent at both removing vehicle trim and electrical work on cars. It's easy to ruin a perfectly good car with tool gouges in the dash then not knowing why several fuses blew after following some of those "simple" u tube guides.

By all means have a go, but most of my auto-electrical work comes from fixing messes that amateurs started because someone told them it was easy...... the jobs can get a lot more expensive after an attempted install. :laughing:

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
OP
fatboysamo
I have done one in the past but it was a car I really didn’t care about and also the radio wasn’t built in like the one in my wife’s jazz. I have no confidence in my ability to do it without wrecking something. Thanks for the Oliver’s name. I will check into that.

davyk31

RMS Regular
The above post should be ignored if you are not competent at both removing vehicle trim and electrical work on cars. It's easy to ruin a perfectly good car with tool gouges in the dash then not knowing why several fuses blew after following some of those "simple" u tube guides.

By all means have a go, but most of my auto-electrical work comes from fixing messes that amateurs started because someone told them it was easy...... the jobs can get a lot more expensive after an attempted install. :laughing:

Guess who didn’t read my post properly. Who said anything about gouging a dash, I believe I said get the proper removal tools. Also advised research the internet where guides are readily available for stereo removal for most models.

Saying to ignore my post was a little hasty especially when it’s obvious it’s your trade you are protecting.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Guess who didn’t read my post properly. Who said anything about gouging a dash, I believe I said get the proper removal tools. Also advised research the internet where guides are readily available for stereo removal for most models.

Saying to ignore my post was a little hasty especially when it’s obvious it’s your trade you are protecting.

My trade is Sports Car design and development! I like to help people where I can. It was your "it's an easy job to do yourself" that set alarm bells ringing. I was approaching the potential job with caution after carefully reading what you suggested. But hey-ho!

Last edited:

Avant1

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
If it’s a Jap car it’s usually bolted in and a complete strip down etc never fun

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.