Bluetooth handsfreel

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Hi guys

Considering putting some type of hands free into the wife’s Toyota Auris.

Is parrot still the go to brand?

Any advice in where’s best to buy/get fitted near belfast would be helpful 😊

Cheers
Joe

Joe 90

RMS Regular
I was considering sticking one in the wife's too for a phone but it seems they are nearly a thing of the past. I was looking a hard wired one like parrot as well. They all seem to be rechargeable things you clip on the mirror which I feel would be a nuisance to keep charged. Most cars now have it on the radio. If its an older car maybe changing to Bluetooth radio is as professional a job as any. Theres them cheap ones you stick in usb and program to radio but I wouldn't be bothered with it.
Maybe a second hand wired parrot would OK.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Hi guys

Considering putting some type of hands free into the wife’s Toyota Auris.

Is parrot still the go to brand?

Any advice in where’s best to buy/get fitted near belfast would be helpful 😊

Cheers
Joe
I fitted a Parrot in our young lads Clio, it was a bit awkward but it worked for years. I also have a parrot in my van and it is very easy
to use and any calls are clear.

Joe 90

RMS Regular
I fitted a Parrot in our young lads Clio, it was a bit awkward but it worked for years. I also have a parrot in my van and it is very easy
to use and any calls are clear.
That's the ones I wanted but I dont think you get them anymore

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Unless you need the connectivity of being able to play music via your phone I would stick with the CK models, I have MKi9200 in all my cars and the battery in the remote lasts about 3 months and normally takes me about 6 months to remember it actually needs replaced and probably a further 2 months to buy a battery :joy:
Brilliant bit of kit but at the end of the day, it does exactly what the CK models do.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Keep an eye out for them on Market Place, they come up occasionally, Mki expect up to £100 used, CK no more than £50 used as they are only £100 new
Forgot about the LS range too, basically a CK with colour screen

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Plug n play if you use the SOT harness, about £10 on ebay. Some cars you need to find / add an ignition live, don't think Toyota would be one of them though. Easy enough, usually a ciggy lighter feed does it.