Bluetooth headset

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
So I'm heading to Scotland with my dad at the weekend. Could anyone recommend a Bluetooth device that could be retrofitted to a helmet. I haven't the time to do my normal research as it will need to be ordered tonight to arrive before Friday. Any help would really be appreciated

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Go to infinity in belfast and pick up a Scala Freecom, old models like the 4 are fine but the cheapest new model is the 1+. They come in a solo or duo pack too

They may even stock other brands at lower £, I can't remember. Generally all handy enough fitted, Id recommend one that has at least fm radio

Last edited:

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Funny you should say that, I just ordered a Scala rider Q1, they stated next day delivery so fingers crossed it comes tomorrow so that I can get it fitted for saturday. Infiniti were £240 for the cheapest Scala system (Freecom 1+), although they mentioned they would price match but the cheapest I could find online was £200. A few reviews said it was headset only and no intercom, others said it was an intercom so I was a bit confused.

Anyway heres the link, it seemed a decent compromised between a cheaper tcom vb and more expensive sena system

Cardo Scala Rider Q1 Teamset Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom System Bike BTSRQ1T

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Apologies the freecom1+ is rider-pillion.The Q1 looks perfect tbh, older model but ticks boxes.

When are you off? Im on 0730 Stenaline in the morning, back tuesday afternoon 👊

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
I leave on Saturday morning 7.30am and back Sunday afternoon 3.30pm. Going over to see my brother in glasgow, so bit of riding on the way up, then pints and some sun, cant wait. Got the boat for £45 return as I was back within 36 hours, so it was perfect. Planing a trip round the highlands after the tt.

Where are you riding when you are over there?

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
BOOM! Thats a trip and a half
Weather looks like it's playing ball mostly too, liner out of jacket and kevlar jeans on 👍

My only, minor issue is high wind forecast for monday which might upset the boats off Mull, off all week if I need to extend 😂

Mulls a hefty island so can book accom on the fly and do a tour lap, whats the story in Ballymory? 😂😂

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3
When I went to Europe with a few mates we all. Had scala's they where decent and fairly cheap too it depends how much you want to spend and how much use your going to get from it

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
hi mate

is mull a good place to visit on the m'bike?
hoping to get back to scotland on the bike this year ... as much as i love the highlands would like to incorporate something different
is it a good spot?

Weather looks like it's playing ball mostly too, liner out of jacket and kevlar jeans on 👍

My only, minor issue is high wind forecast for monday which might upset the boats off Mull, off all week if I need to extend 😂

Mulls a hefty island so can book accom on the fly and do a tour lap, whats the story in Ballymory? 😂😂

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
When I went to Europe with a few mates we all. Had scala's they where decent and fairly cheap too it depends how much you want to spend and how much use your going to get from it

Thats what I went with in the end, Scala Rider Q1, I hoped it would be here today, but I forgot that Royal mail aren't providing delivery or collection service today and Monday.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
hi mate

is mull a good place to visit on the m'bike?
hoping to get back to scotland on the bike this year ... as much as i love the highlands would like to incorporate something different
is it a good spot?
I hope so 😂😂

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.