Bluetooth streaming in 2011 audi a6?

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
I have just got an audi a6 and it appears that it doesnt support bluetooth streaming. Is there an adaptor that i can buy to allow this? Im new to vag so apologies for being thick

David19

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7. 5 GTIPP
Think you will need a blue tooth module, about £150.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
What about one of those signal interupters? Plugs into your cigarette lighter and you tune the radio to the matching frequency. Job jobbed.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
I was hoping for something a little more "aesthetic"

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I was hoping for something a little more "aesthetic"

The item @Lyons has linked from eBay is what you're after if it's aesthetic you want

I have a bovee Bluetooth receiver which the old 11-pin iPhone connector in the glovebox and it works brilliantly for streaming music, I think there's more features for iOS users but not sure.

Also not sure if this method will allow you Bluetooth phone calls etc

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
It should support Bluetooth. Mines was a bit of a balls to connect - usually turning the car off and on worked

Avant1

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Or try clearing any previous phones connected to the unit first . Found it helps too in that there’s so much info stored from the phones it bricks the system

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
It connects to my phone all good, it just doesnt support audio streaming

Walder

RMS Regular
Does your A6 have an audio jack in if so buy a small Bluetooth receiver 7 quid off ebay and run it through the aux.

If not I did this with my old b7

Installed this it turns the cd function of your head unit into an aux in. I drilled a hole through one of the extra blanking buttons on the dash and put the aux in jack through it. Worked a treat.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I’ve had a Connect2 kit in my past few cars. Easy enough installed. They do adapters for most oem stereos. Stealthy too. Does audio streaming and you can move through tracks using the standard headunit track skip controls. Also usual Bluetooth calls and answer using the headunit control. You can also plug a usb cable in to the box for phone charging. I usually run the cable in to the glove box. One downside though is that as there’s no screen you don’t know who’s ringing if your phone is in your pocket.

I’ve one in the Mazda at the minute if you wanted a nosey.