BMW 1 series 2009 3 door convertible window problem

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

b_fast

RMS Regular
Drives
coupe
Hi everyone I have a BMW coupe convertible when I went out the other morning the window didn't drop as usual when I opened the door! It's stuck in the up position, the onboard computer recognises its a problem with the warning light, when I press down on the switch I can here the clicking but the window just doesn't move down

Anyone any thoughts on a fix? Or the problem?

Thanks

Stocky

RMS Regular
Was it frosty by any chance?

Same happened to mine the other morning with the exact same problem you have.

Did abit of research online and it seems to point to the window motor....price from BMW £128+VAT

Smoothie

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman
Coupes have always did this, as far back as e46. you gotta keep in mind the window drops a little when you open the door so if its frozen then it's gonna break something

b_fast

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
coupe
Stocky did you sort yours urself?

So if its frosty outside you cant open your car door as it will break... nice...

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Try this

Courtesy of a BMW tech on another forum, ...with thanks.

Initialization is performed on the power window switch of the relevant door.
Requirements for correct initialization:
• Initialization with engine running
• Convertible top, doors and windows closed

Initialization comprises:
• Erasure of initialization
• Reinitialization

An initialization must be performed:
• In the event of malfunctions, e.g. no one-touch control function, no opening or if available no comfort function is possible
• After the power window drive has been replaced
• After work is carried out on the power window mechanism
• After a power supply interruption, e.g. disconnection of the battery or disconnection of the power supply to the door
• After the door window glass has been removed and installed or replaced
• After adjustment work on the door window glass
• After adjustment work on the convertible top
• After replacement of seals

Erasure of initialization:
• Open door window glass fully
• Operate power window switch in "Open" position four times within 10 seconds

This erases initialization of the power window, anti-trapping protection and toll function are inactive.
Check whether one-touch control (toll) function is inactive, otherwise repeat procedure.

Reinitialization:
Avoid a break between the two steps!
• Operate and hold power window switch in "Close" position (second switch stage)
• Once the upper end position has been reached, hold power window switch in "Close" position for approx. 2 seconds longer
• Operate and hold power window switch in "Close" position (second switch stage)
• Once the upper end position has been reached, hold power window switch in "Close" position for approx. 2 seconds longer

Stocky

RMS Regular
Stocky did you sort yours urself?

So if its frosty outside you cant open your car door as it will break... nice...

Sorry only seeing this now....

b_fast no I haven't taken the door card off yet to get correct part number for the motor.

Have you fixed yours yet?

Deezer-D I tried that the morning it happen...no good unfortunately.

Tara Woolger

Drives
BMW 1 series
Hiya. I know this thread was a couple of years ago but really hoping you can help me as BMW are being as good as useless!

I recently experienced a fault on my BMW 1 Series Convertible (E88) following a hard frost a few weeks back, and now both the driver's and passenger front windows are stuck in the closed position!

BMW are quoting me stupid money to fix so I am hoping to go down the cheaper route and order the part myself.

Firstly does it actually need replacing? And secondly any idea which bit I need to order?

I'm guessing it's a motor regulator?...

TIA for your help x

Beautifulbmw

Drives
Series 1 convert
Hi

Ive had the same problem as above, can anyone tell me what i need to tell the garage please and can I do an initialisation being as I cant open the drivers side window at all. Thanks so much

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Hi

Ive had the same problem as above, can anyone tell me what i need to tell the garage please and can I do an initialisation being as I cant open the drivers side window at all. Thanks so much

Take the door card off and bang the motor with a hammer. I’ve done it 5-6 times on the other half’s 1 series.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.