BMW Battery registration - North Down / Ards peninsula area

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Anyone one about the peninsula could register the battery in my e92 320d here for me ?

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Never actually done it but I've a launch 919 that can reg batteries. If you can meet me in Dundonald/ards shopping centre at 1 tomorrow I can plug it in for you (cost u a McDonald's coffee)

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Never actually done it but I've a launch 919 that can reg batteries. If you can meet me in Dundonald/ards shopping centre at 1 tomorrow I can plug it in for you (cost u a McDonald's coffee)
Thanks Lenny , won't make that today , only just managed to get the new battery home there now , will likely just pull the trigger on bimmercode myself anyway , I have been meaning to do it , it was just incase there was someone next door (relatively speaking) who had it handy 👍

Thanks for the recommendations tho 👌

Boksic

RMS Regular
Thanks Lenny , won't make that today , only just managed to get the new battery home there now , will likely just pull the trigger on bimmercode myself anyway , I have been meaning to do it , it was just incase there was someone next door (relatively speaking) who had it handy 👍

Think I'll be about ballygowan ish on Monday and have bimmercode/bimmertool on the phone if it's any use to you. You can get the apps from "other" sites and use a vgate Bluetooth obd if you're an android user. I've been using mine on an 09 e93 and e70 with no problems. Other than BMW problems, but no software problems I mean. Search this on Amazon:

Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth​

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Think I'll be about ballygowan ish on Monday and have bimmercode/bimmertool on the phone if it's any use to you. You can get the apps from "other" sites and use a vgate Bluetooth obd if you're an android user. I've been using mine on an 09 e93 and e70 with no problems. Other than BMW problems, but no software problems I mean. Search this on Amazon:

Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth​

Screenshot_2023-10-28-13-46-30-30_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg

🥳🥳

Cheers @Boksic 👍

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car

Didn't realise bimmercode done it too. Handy to have for changing wee things on the car anyway.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Incase anyone comes across this thread in future.

Doing a bit of reading , bimmercode can code the car to the battery type if the spec is different from what was fitted previously, but bimmerlink is needed to register a new battery.

In my case I think the battery that was in the car was just replaced and never registered as new in with the car, from the dates I can find on the battery looks like it was only a couple of years old. I tried to charge it both in the car and on the bench and it would never produce more than 5.6v despite the charger saying it was fully charged.