BMW E30 M3 Sport Evo: The M3 Masterpieces Ep.1 | Carfection 4K

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
The only thing I didn’t like about that video was he drove it like a pussy but I guess it isn’t his car, and I’ve become used to seeing videos like Chris Harris throwing f40’s around the track.

Looking forward to the e36 one too

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
@mcmurray I thought that was actually a pretty good / balanced review.

I'd agree with him on pretty much all points. Certainly on the chassis point of view, the tweaks I done on mine helped no end.

I do think the 3.2 is a much more characterful engine, so would have preferred something with said lump.

The GT is probably my favourite version and arguably in the best colour. Beaut.

The CSL though :heart_eyes:

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Agree with everything he said. When you jump from my e30 into the e36, you notice straight away that it’s heavier and you feel it through the steering. The s50b32 engine however makes up for it.

Despite being an early 90’s car, it can still hang with modern machinery around the track and you can’t say that about many cars from that era. Some of the times produced around the Nurburgring in an e36 with uprated suspension and standard engine is unbelievable.

TSPORT

RMS Regular
Drives
///M3
Fantastic reviews, Really enjoyed both, The bit at the end of the e30 review where it cuts from the black car coming around the corner on track to the E30 race car was epic.

Love the British racing green E36 M3 GT review. That would be my fav E36 M3, Who would have thought a Green car with green seats would be a dream spec.

Looking forward to the E46 M3 review next.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Fantastic videos, and the dude who owns the cars had told Catchpole he could drive them as hard as he wanted!

Same guy owns all the M3's being featured in this series.

The E36 GT is the best looking E36 ever made, and arguably one of the best looking M3's ever made IMO.

I didn't realise that only the LHD GT's got the trick bits and the RHD version of the GT didn't, I'm not convinced about that? Anyone know?

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Some came with carbon plenums too!

Last edited:

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I didn't realise that only the LHD GT's got the trick bits and the RHD version of the GT didn't, I'm not convinced about that? Anyone know?
UK market only got lookie likey GT, the euro one was the car to have but even 10/15 years ago the price difference was huge between the two hence so few imported into the uk.

He has made a few annoying errors on facts & figures in these videos for sure though, E36 HP figure being the most obvious.
Plus he is wasting a massive opportunity not actually driving the things on a bit ! Hopefully that might change as the newer cars come in

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution

Yeah that’s true and a 3.2 will still have the edge over the LHD uprated 3.0.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
What a car! Good to see him giving it a bit of abuse on this video.

Loved mine, many happy memories in that machine.

Wish I had more pics of it, had loads on Photobucket but can't get them downloaded! 😭

IMG_4119.JPG

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
What a car! Good to see him giving it a bit of abuse on this video.

Loved mine, many happy memories in that machine.

Wish I had more pics of it, had loads on Photobucket but can't get them downloaded! 😭

View attachment 234029

I can remember seeing this travelling at speed out the garryduff road and sounded unbelievable.......i'm not sure I even had a driving license then lol