bmw e36 328i no lsd

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ewok

RMS Regular
a mate is having a shaking problem coming from the rear and after 80mph it scary he has put new shocks wish bones anti roll bushes etc what would it be please help as it is doing my head aswell

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
Rear trailing arm bushes cause alot of problems, but i doubt they would cause shaking, might be worth a check anyway tho. Possibly a bent driveshaft causing vibrations?

ewok

RMS Regular
OP
ewok
nah steven the bushes were changed and the half shafts looked straight when spun what about the main shaft down the car do they have bearings or anything that are prone to going

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Sounds like the donut or the diff carrier, apparently they break easily although I'd say it would be noticeable at all speeds.

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
yeah they need replaced every now and then, with the higher speeds the vibration is more noticable.

i would check that first

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
does the diff carrier not make more of a nasty clunk everytime you change gear? diff donut is a good possibility too, they split quite easy over time

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.