BMW e39 540i M Sport

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Hopefully it's just a small hose that's leaking?

Who knows what it is. I thought it might of been the fuel filter but I think that’s located underneath by the passenger seat area not the engine area. I won’t be able to take it anywhere until next week.
It’s a good thing I don’t smoke!

Gemma

RMS Regular
@Chris tii I just said to mum " ooo god, your man with the BM from Japan!!!8o|"

Mum..... What now????

I said she's leaking fuel from somewhere

Mum....OOOO FFS!! Man doesn't get a break! Gets one thing fixed and something else breaks!!:mad:

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
(y)
@Chris tii I just said to mum " ooo god, your man with the BM from Japan!!!8o|"

Mum..... What now????

I said she's leaking fuel from somewhere

Mum....OOOO FFS!! Man doesn't get a break! Gets one thing fixed and something else breaks!!:mad:

:joy: That’s so funny! But your mums right, I don’t get a break! I popped into a mechanic earlier and booked it in for the morning. It might not be fuel, it was hard to tell because the floor was wet. I can’t smell any fuel from the car. Could be oil, brake fluid or steering fluid even. My guess was fuel because the mpg is so depressing. :sob:
Hopefully I’ll get it sorted for the RMS meet on Sunday. You gonna be there? I saw your selling the M3. Fancy another e39 as a trade in? :p

Such a great car all messing aside.

How many miles have you got done?

What's your plans for it?

Plans are simple, drive it without it breaking!

Gemma

RMS Regular
@Chris tii I work Sundays so won't be there lol if I land home with another E39 Sam will beat me lol hence why there's no M5 on my driveway haha :joy:

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
It looked like oil to me at first glance. Hopefully easy sorted

Yeah I think I panicked. I’m pretty sure it’s oil. Probably just something like the rocker cover gasket. I put a tray under the car for a couple of hours and there’s one small oil drip on it.
Are you heading to the RMS meet on Sunday?
2EFED34A-B94F-4BFC-8E99-A94CA0F79DDF.jpeg

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Yeah I think I panicked. I’m pretty sure it’s oil. Probably just something like the rocker cover gasket. I put a tray under the car for a couple of hours and there’s one small oil drip on it.
Are you heading to the RMS meet on Sunday?
View attachment 223499

I’m planning to head up, but who knows what the weather will be like lol

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Ok, so it’s the rocker covers. Might be a bit of steering fluid leaking as well.
Cars booked in on Monday to hopefully get sorted. (y)

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I got the rocker cover gaskets changed last week. It seems to have fixed the leak.
Car Clinique had changed them before but he didn’t swap any of the gaskets for the bolts, they where rock hard.
I’ve diagnosed the wobbly steering wheel when braking. One of my brake discs has warped! Its the one that had the sticking calliper. It must of got really hot when it was sticking. It’s getting new discs on Tuesday.

Another cool update is my new reverse camera. Fitted yesterday by Audio Advice. I bought the camera myself on eBay. It replaces one of the licence plate lights so no drilling holes in my perfect boot lid.

77E5D65D-A004-44CB-94F1-4E7F8FE6CC79.jpeg
D2E1383E-318B-4F6A-8038-164D965D1042.jpeg
20983579-9BC2-4368-8900-5562B87DDB6A.jpeg

Starting to really enjoy the car finally. Its looks proper bad ass, handles so well with the coilovers and sounds awesome. :cool:

C74001DE-3816-4E8F-8A42-6D72301DEA72.jpeg

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Very glad to hear you are nearing the end of the nightmare. Its such a cool car hopefully the brake discs sort the wobble.

My Mrs 1 series had a wobble and I was thinking brakes but turned out to be a tyre wasn’t perfectly round.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Been a while since the last update.

I had the bonnet, mirrors and rear bumper resprayed at Paintworkz. He’s seemed to have done a great job. Colour matches perfectly and wasn’t too expensive.
Also I’ve added H&R spacers to the wheels. I went for 15mm front and back but the rear rubbed a bit so I’ve sent 2 of them back and I’m currently waiting for two 10mm ones too see how they go.
The car looks a lot better with the spacers I think.

AF3E918E-9485-476E-87DD-56A09D3D67AA.jpeg
BCA6025E-DE4A-4FFD-AABB-29539EED46A9.jpeg
FD75EF50-E5F7-41D0-8ECF-98A250F49FBD.jpeg

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
Now thats an epic looking E39, and a man on here who knows how to properly stance his car...

I'd go with a square plate up front too. I ran that on my old E39 Champagne edition:

4.JPG

7.JPG

IMG_6743.JPG

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Thinking about maybe selling the 540i. I have a massive want at the minute for importing an Evo 9 Wagon.
Not sure what the asking price will be yet, the car owes me over £11k. Though I know unfortunately, I won't get anywhere near that for it.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Thinking about maybe selling the 540i. I have a massive want at the minute for importing an Evo 9 Wagon.
Not sure what the asking price will be yet, the car owes me over £11k. Though I know unfortunately, I won't get anywhere near that for it.

The Evo 9 wagon would be immense. Go for it.

At least someone will get a well sorted 540i!