BMW e60 reversing camera

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Has anyone done or know how to fit a reversing camera to an e60 with idrive so that the picture will show on the idrive screen?
Budget is sub £150 as I know there are kits available for extortionate money which I wont be considering.

If I cant get it working on the idrive screen il settle for a separate generic screen so even recommendations on a decent quality screen would be welcome.

So far I have established that its easy enough getting a boot handle camera (£25-75) all wired up but getting that image onto idrive is the problem. This seems to be where the various audio retailers/ manufacturers start sticking the arm in!

@Cartunes might be on one for your expertise?

Thanks,
Anton

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
What iDrive version to you have CCC or CIC?

CCC seems big money as you need a 200-300 quid video interface to get it working with the iDrive.

If you have a CIC they built in the software required to accept the camera and its much more straight forward.

Another option is the Android screens than replace the original iDrive screen they are approx 300 quid but they allow you to have all the old iDrive features but give you Google maps, bluetooth streaming and a ton of other stuff, they have an input for a reverse camera so would display on the screen when in reverse. They are really straight forward to fit as well its a case of remove the old screen install a plug and play harness to the two existing wires then refit.

CCC

29423B95-9BB5-4AD7-ADD1-FCE88D479EF2.jpeg

CIC

336E5E50-63A5-4297-A7D8-368C101C3AD8.jpeg

Link to an Android screen with the reverse cam

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
I have CCC.
Not going down the road of an android screen they seem to be very hit and miss with quality and when all is said and done it would be about £350/400 to get a camera working :eek:
Its looking like a generic screen and camera then lol

Any recommendations on one of those @Cartunes ?

EDIT; Wired kind none of this wireless sheeite.

Last edited:

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Ollie fits a load of reversing stuff. Might be best giving him a holler at Source in Car on facebooks. @OLLIeCrX - or he might answer his bat signal on here!

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
Cheers @Cartunes in the end I ordered a wee £40 job from with a separate screen.
It should hopefully do all I need it to and it seems to have decent reviews with good customer service should anything go wrong.
If I could have gotten a camera that integrated into the idrive easy for sub £100-150 I might have been able to justify it but I have too many other things that take priority at the minute.

Thanks for the help Del (y)