BMW E90 320d 2006 DSC Problem - MOT

ruairidoc

I have a BMW E90 320d 2006. The problem i'm having started few weeks ago. When i was driving along around 60 the DSC light would flash for a few seconds cutting power to the engine at times. The problem would be solved by holding the DSC Light until the traction control would go of. I ignored this for a week as it only happened a few times. The Tyre pressure warning light then came on with the ABS Light. I reset the tyre pressure warning light and its stayed off for the past few days and the ABS light has also disappeared.

The problem i have as i have my MOT on Saturday and have no time to get the problem resolved i think it may be one of the speed sensors.
I am just worried that the DSC light will show up when hes on the ramp driving it and fail the car or if the tyre pressure comes back it might fail?
Would this fail the MOT? i can always reset the tyre pressure light just before i go in if it shows up again.

brendy7

RMS Regular
Abs rings in the rear seem to be a common problem come across it alot in my work rust builds up under the ring and closes the gap between it and the sensor

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
It'll be a duff sensor or the ring as previously mentioned.
Need to get it scanned to see which wheel is the problem.

ruairidoc

OP
R
I'm in Belfast mate. The warning light will only Illuminate when driving at speed or cutting a corner. Will this be replicated when its on the ramp?

This is what i can find on the guidelines. Can he be certain if it only flashes on when driving? The ESC flashing on isn't excacty showing a certain fault as it does this when driving if the car is losing control. That's what i'm hoping anyway.

ESC.PNG

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The ESC goes nuts when the car is on the rollers anyway. As long as the light isn't on as you go in and up to the rollers you'll probably be OK.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
My car is suffering from the exact same issue at the minute, thankfully I'm not long through the MOT and am a bit of a driving God so it into the car and traction fully off before I drive.

ruairidoc

OP
R
The ESC goes nuts when the car is on the rollers anyway. As long as the light isn't on as you go in and up to the rollers you'll probably be OK.

That's what i'm hoping other wise i'm ****ed with this back log mot expires the day before.