BMW E90 Coding / Diagnostics

Paul.

RMS Regular
I've found out in the past while that the BMW E90 generation features a digital speedometer. Although it's unavailable by default I understand it can be coded in by somebody competent using NCS Expert, Carly, or similar software that I don't have. For some reason the idea of having the choice of traditional clocks and a digital speed reading is very pleasing.

Who would be recommended for something reasonably simple like this? I'd prefer to deal with someone who knows what they're doing regarding E90 coding.

Cheers!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
To be honest, on the E90 etc because the central display is so small, the speed is minute.

Marc

RMS Moderator
I did not know this @Marc, you have this software 🤔

I do, but using it is another matter, it takes hours of research to figure out how to do anything on NCS Expert and I wouldn't want to risk it on someones car incase it went wrong.

Paul.

RMS Regular
OP
Paul.
Mr. Magic could do that no problem. Did a few things on my e90
Who is Mr. Magic? If it’s someone who knows what they’re doing, I’d be very interested.

Cheers also @Marc - I watched a video on YouTube of someone coding it with NCS Expert before making this thread and decided I’d rather pay someone than take a chance on doing it wrongly myself.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I use NCSExpert quite regularly on my E92 and done a good few retrofits with it.

I'd be happy to do it for you but I am in Downpatrick so a bit of a jaunt for you.