BMW Erg delete pipe

davecoupe20

RMS Regular
Drives
x type jag ,hyun
Hi I need some advice on putting a erg delete pipe in a 535d I have the intake manafold Off the car to put swirl flaps in and what do I need to do if I put the pipe in does the car need put on the pc and something turned off or what are the benefits or downfall from putting one in can anyone advise please.

Thanks in advance

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Yes, you'll need to get the ECU remapped to disable the EGR.

Plenty of companies here will remap it for you such as TorqueTronix in Kells or AutoTune in Ballymena.

davecoupe20

RMS Regular
OP
davecoupe20
Drives
x type jag ,hyun
No problem thanks just wasn’t sure what all was involved with doing it but it won’t cause any difference with the car except that re map

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
It won’t run right unless it’s re-mapped to suit the change your causing blanking/ doing away with the egr mate

davecoupe20

RMS Regular
OP
davecoupe20
Drives
x type jag ,hyun
Hi Freddie thanks is there any great advantage to taking the egr out and having it re-mapped I am trying to find out the advantages of taking it opposed to leaving it in I just want to do it as I have the intake of to get at my injectors and I am doing the swirl flaps also while I have it out

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Hi Freddie thanks is there any great advantage to taking the egr out and having it re-mapped I am trying to find out the advantages of taking it opposed to leaving it in I just want to do it as I have the intake of to get at my injectors and I am doing the swirl flaps also while I have it out

The engine will remain much cleaner inside and won’t suffer from the same level of carbon build which becomes very restrictive to the engines performance.

While you have the inlet off, ensure the inside of it is cleaned out property and that you remove all the carbon residue and build up. It’s also advised to replace the seals below the inlet manifold while it’s off.

davecoupe20

RMS Regular
OP
davecoupe20
Drives
x type jag ,hyun
Hi Nicky
I have the intake away for ultrasonic cleaning and have a set of swirl flap Blanks with all the gaskets coming

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
I had both mentioned companies remap and code out egr, both did the job and no issue.