BMW F25 X3 30D

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Very nice. As said the legacy of how bogging the original ones were taints them a bit, but really they are a nice looking wagon! Keep this one!!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yes it really is a delightful combo.
I'm probably being a total arse just love the newer wheel. My F30 is late 2012 and it even has it. If its a cheap upgrade and the right one becomes available sure.

seems to be about £400 for the F30 wheel. Whilst I agree the current one is a bit dated, I’m still not a massive fan of the new wheel either to be honest.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Yes it really is a delightful combo.

seems to be about £400 for the F30 wheel. Whilst I agree the current one is a bit dated, I’m still not a massive fan of the new wheel either to be honest.
For £400 I'd live with the current one myself!

e320mark

RMS Regular
The 30d is a peach of an engine, so much better than the troublesome 20d! Looks to be a really clean example HTD! Wife had one before she bought the x5, she likes the x5 more.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
smart looking motor, the x3 must be near the same size as the original x5 now?

Aye must be. The X3 isn’t small, 20cm wider than the Tiguan! Bigger than Mrs Lyons has anticipated.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
These shape and the newer X3s are lovely, that's really nice, and great in silver (y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I managed to get the black grills and centre caps ordered before Cotswolds shut. Sadly the caps didn’t arrive for some reason so need to chase that when they open.

Absolutely delighted how it turned out, the grills make such a difference. I never thought I’d say this about an X3 but I really love how it looks now.

Before;

46DF036E-5C16-4593-A1D8-922733AA318E.jpeg

During;

FF8FCEE8-280F-4CE3-A8B8-E6B05EABE30D.jpeg

After;

03A3EEA2-BF35-4081-9578-C4184D739FFF.jpeg

C0DBCF37-164C-437C-BCCD-859430BA4539.jpeg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Love this so much Ian, one of the best cars you’ve had IMO. New grills are a nice touch.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Just looking at this, I prefer these over X5’s now.

Black grills look great against the silver.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I managed to get the black grills and centre caps ordered before Cotswolds shut. Sadly the caps didn’t arrive for some reason so need to chase that when they open.

Absolutely delighted how it turned out, the grills make such a difference. I never thought I’d say this about an X3 but I really love how it looks now.

Before;

View attachment 272172

During;

View attachment 272173

After;

View attachment 272174

View attachment 272175

Such a small change, but visually a big transformstion.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Was he ok?

How long ago was it? Do you know where it went? I need a spare set of wheels 😬

Him and Mum were both in the car, cuts and bruises from belts and airbag. But more mentally hurt, Mum especially. Pretty frightening having a car bombing straight towards you on the wrong side of the road and nowhere to go!

That was 4 years ago, and ironically the grey one that replaced it suffered the same fate last July in Ballycastle! Lol

No idea where they ended up, both were written off.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
I would never have thought I'd like an X3.
Yours looks great. Very smart!

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Perfect 👌
I’ve started to look at these now too alongside a Q5. Would only be the 2.0 though

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Those grills really freshen up the front end. How did you get them out? I looked on YouTube when changing mine, some said the bumper needed to come off but a few said some gentle persuasion would do it... went for the latter & thankfully they came out easy enough

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
That looks really smart, did you order your wheel badges from Cotswolds too? i need a new set for the summer wheels.