BMW F31 wheel alignment :/

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
Hey bud............that is exactly what I have asked Bavarian. They are hopefully coming back to me tomorrow.

At least if it is the same I can give the car back to wifey and go and check myself in somewhere.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Would you want to try a set of 18” m235i wheels on your car to see if it could be the tyres?

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
Hi @Marc thanks for the kind offer.

I am pursuing Bavarian first with a hope to get out in a similar car..............if that doesn't help me decide whether my car is turd then I may take you up on that offer.

Sorry for the slow reply man

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
Well, there we go.

After a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE delay on my part (ill health) I managed to get the car back to Niall in Bavarian who has been incredibly helpful and reassuring.

Just got a call from Bavarian to advise that while there was no issue with the work that was done to the car, upon taking it for a more exhaustive drive, they have agreed that it just does not feel right and are replacing the rack that was already replaced.

We have been given a 318i in the meantime (slow but BEST NOISE EVR) and it has finally reassured me that I am not mental as it feels more planted than ours and it is a base spec model.

Progress chaps, progress!

J

Hendo

Drives
BMW F31
Well, there we go.

After a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE delay on my part (ill health) I managed to get the car back to Niall in Bavarian who has been incredibly helpful and reassuring.

Just got a call from Bavarian to advise that while there was no issue with the work that was done to the car, upon taking it for a more exhaustive drive, they have agreed that it just does not feel right and are replacing the rack that was already replaced.

We have been given a 318i in the meantime (slow but BEST NOISE EVR) and it has finally reassured me that I am not mental as it feels more planted than ours and it is a base spec model.

Progress chaps, progress!

J
Hi, what was the eventual outcome of the wheel alignment saga?
Currently having an issue with BMW dealer regarding the camber on my front near side wheel on a F31.

Thanks. Alan

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Hi, what was the eventual outcome of the wheel alignment saga?
Currently having an issue with BMW dealer regarding the camber on my front near side wheel on a F31.

Thanks. Alan
Don’t suppose by any chance you’re seeing some wear on the outside of your tyre? My F30 is doing that, common problem with them. I’ll be needing a new tyre soon I’m sure, very annoying as the remaining 3/4 of the tyre is like new

Hendo

Drives
BMW F31
Don’t suppose by any chance you’re seeing some wear on the outside of your tyre? My F30 is doing that, common problem with them. I’ll be needing a new tyre soon I’m sure, very annoying as the remaining 3/4 of the tyre is like new
Ye, that is exactly the problem.
When I purchased the car at 11months old (12,000 miles) , it had two different make of tyres on the front, queried why and not given a proper answer....also stated to them that BMW AUC scheme tyres should be the same on the same axle.....again no definite answer given.
After some time tyre wear on outside, got alignment checked myself ...front camber well out ....back to bmw to check......said need a new tyre.....asked why....usual excuses.....
They eventually carried out a wheel alignment and said they adjusted the front camber.... interesting...
Asked how did you manage that....we adjusted the top of the strut mount..... interesting
My reply ...it is not possible to adjust by doing that.........awaiting reply from service manager.....