BMW Havana metallic

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
....I'm looking at a 3 series touring (F30) in Havana metallic.

havana metallic bmw 3 - Google Search

I can't tell if it's brown and horrible, or subtle off-grey...any thoughts?

Am assuming that given it's priced comparatively cheaply, its because everyone things its brown and muck, and is a disaster waiting to kill my wallet in terms of resale?

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
You got a link to the car in question?

It all depends really if its high spec you could be okay but if its an SE you may have some issues as there is a lot of choice out there at the moment.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Not for me either unfortunately.If you like it ,but it .never worry what others think.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
I think these colours work well on the continent in the sun. But in low spec on a grey NI day a bit meh.
Somebody has one in work, I think it could potentially look good on the right wheels with the right kit as its a bit different but as is it's very marmite.

mightymetro

RMS Regular
OP
mightymetro
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
Thats what I thought.

I have a silver SE and it is proving incredibly hard to sell, christ knows how you'd flip a brown one. 8-(

brendy

RMS Regular
....I'm looking at a 3 series touring (F30) in Havana metallic.

havana metallic bmw 3 - Google Search

I can't tell if it's brown and horrible, or subtle off-grey...any thoughts?

Am assuming that given it's priced comparatively cheaply, its because everyone things its brown and muck, and is a disaster waiting to kill my wallet in terms of resale?
This mornings paper...
sampaff3358cbac1d398.jpg

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Thats what I thought.

I have a silver SE and it is proving incredibly hard to sell, christ knows how you'd flip a brown one. 8-(

Do what everyone seems to be doing fit an M Sport kit, Fake M Performance kit and a set of Replica M Performance wheels. You will have boys lining up to buy it.

There a boy in Omagh firing them out like he has a production line

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I think a lot of it is due to the fact we live in Northern Ireland. Where cheapest is king. Most buyers will see no difference between yours and this and if they are after an E90 they will go straight for the cheapest one regardless of miles or age.

It's something I have discovered when selling cars.

Usually told something along the lines of sure why would I buy yours there's a boy down the road selling the same car for 4 grand less. Typical Northern Ireland idiots on gumtree don't seem to tell the difference between a 2005 and a 2011.

Capture.PNG

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
@AlpineF30 I saw that car on Ni-BMW and thought of this thread. I think it looks good when cleaned up.

Aye that's where I stole them from, I asked him about the brakes on her, the look well painted that colour compared to the standard blue.

He was saying she was a BMW ex showcase car so had every option ticked

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.