BMW have had car 5 weeks for EGR recall with no progress

Smoothie

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman
The valve has never been recalled, only the coolers. 440,000 of them in the UK market are being recalled as there have been further instances of failure, the cooler has been redesigned (again) and there is a change of software along with it. The majority of these cars will have had a previous recall but not all are effected. Four hours is the work time, in reality by the time the car cools down enough to work on it and it’s processed through a loaded workshop it’s there for the day, plus it may already have started to melt the manifold and in that case it’s there overnight. They won’t provide courtesy cars as they won’t pay the costs associated with them.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
My 2006 E46 had a drivers airbag recall earlier this year. Company’s must dread that sort of thing.

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
This is my 2nd recall. My first was done a week before the car was delivered to me.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Im due to book mine in for that, how long did it take?
I think it was about an hour or maybe a bit more. Had to push them though to get it done quick as I wasn’t for leaving the car half a day and running back and forward to the garage

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
My letter said to wait for a follow up letter before phoning to book?!
Mine has been losing coolant for weeks just so that made them hurry up. Plus heading to England for a holiday and needed it done before then. Have to say they were very accomodating! Rang up and got a date in under 2 weeks. Left in in the morning and was ready about 3. Also asked them to service it as well :worried: BMW in Boucher

Last edited:

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
Got a letter for our 330 a few weeks ago. Any noticeable differences in the car afterwards?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
My car goes in tomorrow- I'll let you know!

They phoned to confirm the booking today and I asked them to investigate a break squeal when it was in. The girl said its probably a stone, to which I said it wasn't and she asked had I checked?! She then said M-Sport brakes aren't covered under warranty. Tremendous, thanks for your help.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Bavarian. I've never had any issue with them before tbh, despite other negative reports.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Got a letter for our 330 a few weeks ago. Any noticeable differences in the car afterwards?
Mate in work got his done a few weeks ago. Says the car drives far better. Smoother and with noticeably higher MPG

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
My car goes in tomorrow- I'll let you know!

They phoned to confirm the booking today and I asked them to investigate a break squeal when it was in. The girl said its probably a stone, to which I said it wasn't and she asked had I checked?! She then said M-Sport brakes aren't covered under warranty. Tremendous, thanks for your help.
Make sure and take a wet fish in with you and give her a slap across the face with it.
What a load of ballix, why would a manufacturer option or spec not be covered by warranty?