BMW M4

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Been quite a few car changes for me over the past 6 months as I wanted to tick a few boxes.

Have wanted an M4 for quite a while, when they initially came out I loved the look of them but after plenty of seat time in @WSM car I wasn’t a massive fan of how they drove. Mostly that was because I have had NA M cars and I just couldn’t get over the fact that they didn’t give that experience.

Once I took the e46 rose tinted glasses off and drove one again I could appreciate them for an epic drivers car in their own right.

Picked this up on Wednesday and to be honest though it would be another box ticking exercise but I have immediately bonded with this and it’s here to stay for a good while.

2014 car with a fairly basic spec although it has the pro nav and it’s the colour combo I wanted and had already got some of the mods I had in mind too. More importantly it’s in fantastic condition!

it’s lowered on H&R springs and has bimmec spacers. Most of the carbon kit already done I just need to do the mirrors and side blades.

It has a stage one map and catless downpipes so it sounds pretty menacing and goes like **** off a shovel lol

No massive plans other than the last few bits of carbon and maybe some LCI tails.

Will get some better photos up once I have it coated and my plate on.

8D5218BE-B7CC-414E-9500-5AD745A9D5DF.jpeg
DDF44C24-7060-47CB-AD12-940A3D6929BF.jpeg
6C5A02B7-184E-44F0-A3E7-6319B81CEFD8.jpeg
EE01814F-CC1F-44B8-AC6B-A974758F8114.jpeg

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
They look well in white, is it mineral white Pete?

I always liked how they looked, then I test drove a competition version at Bavarian. I thought it felt very heavy, didn’t really help that they would only allow me a 5 mile test drive as it was brand new, maybe with a bit more time with it they would have gotten a sale.

They benefit massively from the springs, spacers and carbon bits.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Would love one of these to replace the zed eventually

In the next 10yrs they will be 10k yeah? 😓

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
It’s just alpine white, I don’t think I could own a Pearl white car as they are such a pain to repaint etc if they get scuffed or chipped 😞

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Very nice Pete. Looks like a great example.

I have one of these on my never ending list too.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Still abso-fooking-lutely love mine 2.5 years on, I only ever wanted white, all the best with it! I went with the 2019 darker LCI tails and they made a massive difference (y)

the front lights look like there’s moisture in them, they all do it to varying degrees, I drop 25g silica gel bags into the bulb opening and it keeps them totally clear, change them a couple of times a year.

Last edited:

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
Still abso-fooking-lutely love mine 2.5 years on, I only ever wanted white, all the best with it! I went with the 2019 darker LCI tails and they made a massive difference (y)

the front lights look like there’s moisture in them, they all do it to varying degrees, I drop 25g silica gel bags into the bulb opening and it keeps them totally clear, change them a couple of times a year.

did you fit genuine lights? Your car is absolutely perfect, just how I’d want mine!

MarkM

RMS Regular
did you fit genuine lights? Your car is absolutely perfect, just how I’d want mine!

I did, you need a loom too unfortunately, then they need coding if you want the boot lid indicator to work. They’re getting strong money used so I just went for it, transformed the rear, I also coded them to stay on as drls as I’m a tart lol

J55NI

RMS Regular

I can confirm this. I had mine replaced and they still get a slight build up of moisture depending on the weather. Clears as soon as you use them for a few minutes :grinning:

civic_tom

RMS Regular
Absolutely love this, have a huge notion for an Alpine White M4 at the minute myself, much prefer it over mineral white. All the best with it!

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
Love this 😍 HTD one of the things I found that made a massive difference was the M performance steering wheel and an exhaust valve controller.