BMW Run Flat Tyres

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sam_man

RMS Regular
Morning All,

Has anyone recently bought a run flat tyre for an F30?

I've been pricing around the Belfast area and the only people that has them in stock is Bavarian at £200 +vat.

Anyone help?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Think they are almost a thing of the past (thankfully)

Maybe one of the traders on here can help? @KERR'S TYRES

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'm surprised all the big tyre outlets don't sell them!

If that's your car in your profile picture, fire some pictures up, looks great (y)

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
When I needed them for my BMW to be honest a lot of places didn't stock them and had to order them in.

Don't expect to get vastly different prices phoning around as only a few manufacturers make them, the 19" versions were usually £330 a corner.

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d
Could never get them in my size either ... They were £400 ea thereabouts, so I bucked them all off and went for normal tyres, best decision ever.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
When running them I found the Goodyear to be much better than the Bridgestone

So much so I even had the dealer swap them on my second car from them which came new with Bridgestones fitted

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Dumped the bridgestones on my first F30 and swapped to normal tyres, best decision ever.

colin84

RMS Regular
Can anyone offer their experience with run flat tyres? I have been offered 4 nearly new 19" Bridgestone run flats for less than the price of one. I know most people remove them next time round, but having never had RF tyres before, are they really that bad?

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang
Can anyone offer their experience with run flat tyres? I have been offered 4 nearly new 19" Bridgestone run flats for less than the price of one. I know most people remove them next time round, but having never had RF tyres before, are they really that bad?

More road noise and stiffer due to thicker sidewall. But mostly people don’t replace them due to the cost.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Are they star rated?

Can you get star rated non run flats? And what way does that work with the general running of things?

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
I found that on two of my MINI’s the runflats were ok. Bit more of a harsh ride but not too bad overall. I ran them till the end of their life and then changed them. The main benefit I discovered about the runflats was they seemed to protect the rims better from kerbing and pot holes. The cost was what put me off replacing like for like. The only thing I have been told is that if the car is on finance and you decide to give it back at the end then you could end up getting a bill for new tyres as they are not the spec of what was supplied with the car.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I put a set of runflat winters on a Passat 3 years ago, they lasted 3 days before I hauled them off and put Uniroyals on it. Ruined the ride more than any crap coil overs would have done.

NotKG

Banned
mine has runflats, they'll prob last me 4-5 yrs for all the miles i do. but if they ever get wore, they will be going to standard tyres. ill pick up a skinny get me home wheel for the boot. and a puncture slime kit and compressor.
i think they tram track a bit, but it might just be a feeling caus i drive a fwd van 99% of the time.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Run flats are total ****.......why do M cars not have them?
Might get you home but for the other 99.9% of the time you'll feel every stone on the road!
Best mod I ever made to my 335D was buying Michelin Pilot 4s non RF which Bavarian informed me where not approved and not recommended:laughing:

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.