BMW Space Saver

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
Just changed the car and got an F36 4series with the upgraded MSport brakes (the bigger blue ones).
Is there a space saver spare wheel available for these that anyone has used?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
If it doesn't fit the front caliper try fitting it to the rear and moving the rear to the front. A lot of work but sometimes space savers don't fit 🤷‍♂️

e320mark

RMS Regular
I have a 17 inch wheel off an f10 5 series, I used it on my f30 when one of my wheels got damaged while it was away getting repaired. Not space saver but may be of use to you!

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
OP
P
I have a 17 inch wheel off an f10 5 series, I used it on my f30 when one of my wheels got damaged while it was away getting repaired. Not space saver but may be of use to you!
The car is on 20" rims at the minute, 17" might be too much of a drop. (could be wrong though).
They are staggered as well (245/35/20 on the front and 275/30/20 on the rear) swapping a rear to the front could cause problems.

e320mark

RMS Regular
The car is on 20" rims at the minute, 17" might be too much of a drop. (could be wrong though).
They are staggered as well (245/35/20 on the front and 275/30/20 on the rear) swapping a rear to the front could cause problems.
Mine is on staggered 20’s too ran it on the rear for approx a week with no problems

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
OP
P
Dont know much about the whole fitment thing.
Will this fit the F36 studs/pcd ok?

e320mark

RMS Regular
Dont know much about the whole fitment thing.
Will this fit the F36 studs/pcd ok?
I’m guessing if it fit mine ok, it would fit yours. You are welcome to take the wheel & try it to see if it fits & if it works you can just send me the money via PayPal!

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
OP
P
Where are you located?
If I can't find a space saver it could be an option.
Ive found this which they say will work
Screenshot_20200407_151102.jpg

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I have an f30 with the performance brakes too. From the research I did, apparently only an 18" rim will fit over the big brakes. The 35d has 370mm discs, the 20d has 340mm discs. Some have managed to get a 17" over the big brakes on a 20d, but the 35d needs 18" rims for definite.

Hope you get sorted. I'd be interested in seeing how it fits.

Cheers

Cooks

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
OP
P
Went to the tyre safety centre in cookstown today for new rubber and asked them about a space saver.
They have one ordered in for me c/w jack, wheel brace, bag etc. £180 + vat delivered to my door.

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
OP
P
Bump!!!
Just a heads up for anyone looking one of these.
Had to use it on the front today, doesn't fit!!! 🤬
The brake disc catches on the inside of the rim..
Ive used it on the rear before with no problem.

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
OP
P
Contacted the manufacturer and they sent me out a replacement kit... 27mths after i got the original! 🥳🥳🥳