BMW X3 3.0 M-Sport+

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
That looks soooooo good! The new X3 is the best looking BMW jeep IMO.

Need to get a new car for my Dad soon, he’s had two x3’s now and thinks he wants another. He found his 2016 car very firm, are the latest model M-Sport models as firm?

X-Line would probably suit him better, but they look terrible. Going to try a 30d and an M40d as well as a couple of different marques.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Need to get a new car for my Dad soon, he’s had two x3’s now and thinks he wants another. He found his 2016 car very firm, are the latest model M-Sport models as firm?

X-Line would probably suit him better, but they look terrible. Going to try a 30d and an M40d as well as a couple of different marques.

40i (y)

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3

Thanks Graeme! Have to admit it’s one of the 1st cars I’ve had in years that still really does it for me after 6 months of ownership!

Never been in the 2016 X3 but find this one really comfortable and not hard at all. It’s an M-Sport + so on 20’s, think the standard M-Sport is 19’s (could be wrong there..)

At the time I was looking there wasn’t an M40d for sale anywhere. That said it’s got plenty of grunt @ 265 bhp and returns about 40mpg combined

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Lovely, haven’t seen you about much?

Mate, it’s gets driven to Dublin at 5.30am then home, rarely get a chance to get it a spin for pure pleasure. The odd short blip at the weekend is about it. Does put a smile on my face though, goes fairly well for the size of it and sounds great... for a diesel!🙈

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Thanks Graeme! Have to admit it’s one of the 1st cars I’ve had in years that still really does it for me after 6 months of ownership!

Never been in the 2016 X3 but find this one really comfortable and not hard at all. It’s an M-Sport + so on 20’s, think the standard M-Sport is 19’s (could be wrong there..)

At the time I was looking there wasn’t an M40d for sale anywhere. That said it’s got plenty of grunt @ 265 bhp and returns about 40mpg combined

On paper the 30d X3 is more than enough.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Can you put a circle around it for me? lol

88B67F18-FBA7-4116-8FD7-175053E25B55.jpeg

The whole rear door 🙈

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
That’s awful about the white one, you can see the difference in the picture. I wouldn’t want to be buying a repaired one.

Glad it worked out in the end for you, the black one looks lovely, really like the interior

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Saw this yesterday when meeting Barry, so clean and looks fantastic.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Did you approach them?

He called me, bit of back & forth & finally got a deal done. Certainly didn’t make money but he was much more reasonable than any other trader that had called about it.

[/QUOTE]
What are you planning to replace it?

Thats the $64,000 question 😂. Either a decent daily & weekender & a bike 🏍 or just lease something like a Golf or Leon Cupra R

[/QUOTE]
How come you sold it after such a short time?

Was lying at the house gathering dust as I’m working from home for the foreseeable so it made sense (in my head anyway lol) Just happy to have owned it for a year.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
He called me, bit of back & forth & finally got a deal done. Certainly didn’t make money but he was much more reasonable than any other trader that had called about it.

Thats the $64,000 question 😂. Either a decent daily & weekender & a bike 🏍 or just lease something like a Golf or Leon Cupra R

[/QUOTE]

Was lying at the house gathering dust as I’m working from home for the foreseeable so it made sense (in my head anyway lol) Just happy to have owned it for a year.
[/QUOTE]

Be interesting to see what its replacement will be but totally agree with the point of selling it as theres no point having it there depreciating and not being used.

I’m in the same boat working from home and I sorn’d my car for the exact same reason