Bodyshot/underseal removal

stuarty7

RMS Regular
Drives
accord type s
Whats my best approach for removing this from the car. Must be tools/chemicals out there that could save my nights & nights of work

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Twisted wire wheel on an angle grinder.

Thinking this might work, but not actually tried it yet...a flat knife blade on a multitool.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
2 options
Heat gun and scraper
Or nylon wheel on grinder
Or wire wheel on grinder
Thats 3 haha
Did my mk2 golf all the bottom back to bare metal
Still gives me nightmares

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
only one downside with a sharp scraper or chisel, it will take paint with it and it will go back to bare metal in a lot of places. So if you dont want that to happen...maybe a blunt scraper might be better lol.

Just no easy way I've come across for a DIY scenario. And I've been doing it myself recently. I've probably removed around 10kg of dirt and sealer from one wheel arch already lol just to get back to metal to cut out and replace rust.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
my wee lad will do it for you
16FBB671-47A7-459A-B404-E0006A3449C8.jpeg

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
Cheers guys, i seriously considering completely stripping the car and having it blasted and epoxy primed

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I see there are various other angle grinder attachments that might be useful. Cant comment on how safe they would be though !!

This would probably be good for lighter dirt etc, but probably not hardened on underseal. There are some bloody dangerous looking attachments !