Booking Northern Ireland MOT advice thread

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Urgh. It's not til May. Hopefully by then I'll have more ambition to work on the car, this weather takes all the craic out of it.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Seems I'm pretty safe going without side repeaters, wouldn't consider it except that I have wraparound front indicators that will be visible from the side so it will still be obvious that I am indicating from all angles.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
ANyone confirm about engine management light?

Is it a fail?

Mates has been on few years and gone thru fine but has been told it’s now a fail?

sickomotorsport

RMS Regular
Drives
Peugeot 205, own
Petrol after 2003.... diesel after 08 ...... management mil must go on and off again. Doesn't come into effect until May 20th 2019

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Good man shall pass it on, think he’s booked for next week so shud be fine for this year

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Mine was on in Feb, tester said it’s a fail since last year but they’re giving everyone a year grace to catch up with the new regulations and will be a fail from this May as above.

TheWorx

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST
Have the "Check Brake Wear" message appearing on start up. Would that be an MOT failure? Will obviously be getting new pads but is it a necessity before the MOT?

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Have the "Check Brake Wear" message appearing on start up. Would that be an MOT failure? Will obviously be getting new pads but is it a necessity before the MOT?

Why not just stick them on now ?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

Would like to know this myself, as my new pads don't have sensors and the method for blanking the error is hit and miss, done days it pops up then others it doesn't

Ricky

RMS Regular
My car has its first MOT on Friday, I have my V5C and it says you also need to bring your appointment letter along with you.

When I booked MOT, I opted for it to be emailed to me so they didn’t need to send me one out in the post, do I need to print this appointment confirmation they emailed me or can I just show it to the examiner on my phone?

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
My car has its first MOT on Friday, I have my V5C and it says you also need to bring your appointment letter along with you.

When I booked MOT, I opted for it to be emailed to me so they didn’t need to send me one out in the post, do I need to print this appointment confirmation they emailed me or can I just show it to the examiner on my phone?

They don’t even ask for it don’t worry