Bosch GTS 10 XC tablesaw

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Thanks or your help @lightning, mr @-Pete- has me talked into the Bosch and after taking a look at a friends lesser model I think it’s the girl for me!

No probs. The new Dewalt is a stunning saw and 8kg lighter than the bosch, but it will also cost a fair chunk more than the bosch.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
No probs. The new Dewalt is a stunning saw and 8kg lighter than the bosch, but it will also cost a fair chunk more than the bosch.

Thats the one I have used a lot (or maybe the previous version but looks identical) and its very job site based, hence a lot lighter. the heavier bosch is a lot more stable, especially cutting heavier parts you want that heft. The bosch has a built in sliding table sled and extending table which the dewalt doesnt. The only part the dewalt would be a bit cleverer is the adjustment knob for fence but not a big enough deal to ignore its job site-esque look/performance.
It's definitely a very different beast to the bosch. I wouldn't like to be taking the bosch anywhere. it lives in the workshop and doesnt get moved more than a couple of inches when I need to use it. very stable though. That dewalt, even on a stand feels like a toy and a bit sketchy with bigger stuff.
It's a go to saw for joiners and the likes as its small enough to lift in and out of their vans with a small footprint and get into rooms or upstairs without breaking your back.
For a home workshop saw that is will spend most of its life in one place, it has to be the bosch. for mobile work and site work then yeh the dewalt.
The bosch is definitely the better saw though for features and dust collection overall imo.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Thats the one I have used a lot (or maybe the previous version but looks identical) and its very job site based, hence a lot lighter. the heavier bosch is a lot more stable, especially cutting heavier parts you want that heft. The bosch has a built in sliding table sled and extending table which the dewalt doesnt. The only part the dewalt would be a bit cleverer is the adjustment knob for fence but not a big enough deal to ignore its job site-esque look/performance.
It's definitely a very different beast to the bosch. I wouldn't like to be taking the bosch anywhere. it lives in the workshop and doesnt get moved more than a couple of inches when I need to use it. very stable though. That dewalt, even on a stand feels like a toy and a bit sketchy with bigger stuff.
It's a go to saw for joiners and the likes as its small enough to lift in and out of their vans with a small footprint and get into rooms or upstairs without breaking your back.
For a home workshop saw that is will spend most of its life in one place, it has to be the bosch. for mobile work and site work then yeh the dewalt.
The bosch is definitely the better saw though for features and dust collection overall imo.

good info. Yes the dewalt is designed as a portable machine and popular with joiners doing fit outs for that reason, I wouldn’t sell it to someone for a workshop based saw. The new one has a lot of improvements over the old 745 but is very expensive for the next year till the deals start coming on.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
good info. Yes the dewalt is designed as a portable machine and popular with joiners doing fit outs for that reason, I wouldn’t sell it to someone for a workshop based saw. The new one has a lot of improvements over the old 745 but is very expensive for the next year till the deals start coming on.

I'll maybe have to talk to you in a years time then lol