Brake Shoes

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
When you buy a new set of brake shoes does the springs/retaining clips/adjuster usually come along with them (ie. new as well)?

I bought a set of shoes this morning and had to re-use all the old springs etc which were very very rusty.

Not only that, the place I bought them out of swiped my card twice so I have been charged for two sets...

Bora_Benz

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Golf,848 Evo
where eva u bought them need a gd slap, dont think spring's and that come way them, but couldn't harm goin back where u got them and askin

Dermot

No Brain... Depends where you buy them, But any I get I used local auto-parts stores and never get them..

I'd say if you bought them off the main dealer you might get them..

And I know FACT, Mercedes dont do them with Brake Shoes, there 'optional' at extra cost.

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
I know sometimes before I've been given the springs and clips along with them.

Awk well so long as they hold them in place. All cars should have 4 wheel disc brakes, much simpler to replace the pads than fiddling with those stupid springs etc.

Pac-Man

Banned
No they don't usually come with the springs/adjusters, but Apec shoes come with new lock washers to hold the shoes in as when you pull the old ones out they usually get bent out of shape and not able to be used again.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.