Brakes for 182 clio track car

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
@Woodcutter Do you stock EBC brake pads? I was hoping to get some EBC yellow stuff front and back pads for my 2004 Clio 182. Also front and back braided brake lines. And maybe some front drilled or grooved discs of some sort. Fill free to PM any options/prices. Thanks.

pablo

RMS Moderator
@Woodcutter Do you stock EBC brake pads? I was hoping to get some EBC yellow stuff front and back pads for my 2004 Clio 182. Also front and back braided brake lines. And maybe some front drilled or grooved discs of some sort. Fill free to PM any options/prices. Thanks.

not wanting to rob anyone of a sale but EBC stuff is generally garbage.

Ferodo DS 2500 and carbon discs were the sh!t back when I had a clio

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Hi Chris,

Sorry buddy we don’t touch performance braking products.

Try the guys at Motorsport & Spares in Ballymena.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
If it’s purely a track pad you’re after @Chris tii try CL RC5+. Unreal performance - I had them fitted in my Megane 265 & a friend had them in his 182.

Chris Rogan in Auto Windscreens should be able to source them.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
not wanting to rob anyone of a sale but EBC stuff is generally garbage.

Ferodo DS 2500 and carbon discs were the sh!t back when I had a clio

Ok, good to know. I'll check them out.

Hi Chris,

Sorry buddy we don’t touch performance braking products.

Try the guys at Motorsport & Spares in Ballymena.

No worries, I'll check out Motorsport and Spares.

Anyone else you would recommend more local to Belfast / Bangor direction?

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
If it’s purely a track pad you’re after @Chris tii try CL RC5+. Unreal performance - I had them fitted in my Megane 265 & a friend had them in his 182.

Chris Rogan in Auto Windscreens should be able to source them.

Ok thanks. Do you mean Auto Windscreens in Bangor?

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
I've PBS pads in mine and they're hard to fault. Squeal a bit when you first start off but grand thereafter

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Hmm, I have the Brembo HC stock approach in mine and it is regularly abused and I cannot fault it. I have never seen any fade or glazing through the highest level of ball-baggery.

Saying that, it is not abused to track levels but I think that Brembo do a drilled HC disc and perhaps throw a set of Ferodo DS pads at them?

J
These wee monkeys

And George is a lovely chap who will be happy to advise if you want to spec it up a little

J

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
I had Brembo HC Discs along with Mintex M1144 & Fresh fluid in my 182 when I had it at Kirkistown & it performed really, really well.

As @jinjur has already posted these are the guys I got all my Clio brake bits from, they supply a lot on the Clio forum. Were really helpful and quick on delivery.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'm sure they're similar enough, though yours probably a bit lighter but on my 200 I stuck with new stock Brembo HC discs, DS2500, braided lines and Motul RBF600 fluid. More than enough!

If you're keeping the Clio as solely track use only then also look at DS3000 or even the DS1.11 as they're more track biased. I use mine to go to the shops as well so wanted a good compromise lol.

The Clios are nice and light so not hard on brakes at all.

Get them sorted and a nice set of R888R or similar and it'll be sorted!

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
I use ebc bluestuffs on the yellow m3 , and they are excellent , good pedal and stopping power, standard oem discs and calipers motul rf 600 fluid .
Current ebc pads are much better than earlier versions , especially their race pads .Biggest bonus for me is the price and very easy on discs , used DS 3000 pads before which were good enough but wore out very quickly and discs only lasted two set of pads .
Thats just my experience of ebc ,Though did a trackday at mondello in a clio 197 with standard brembo brakes and DS25000 pads , couldn't fault them !

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I use ebc bluestuffs on the yellow m3 , and they are excellent , good pedal and stopping power, standard oem discs and calipers motul rf 600 fluid .
Current ebc pads are much better than earlier versions , especially their race pads .Biggest bonus for me is the price and very easy on discs , used DS 3000 pads before which were good enough but wore out very quickly and discs only lasted two set of pads .
Thats just my experience of ebc ,Though did a trackday at mondello in a clio 197 with standard brembo brakes and DS25000 pads , couldn't fault them !

Have you had the wiring loom in the M3 cut/trimmed down?

There's plenty of wiring in my 328 I'd like to get rid of if it's unnecessary, have already scrapped a bit myself but wouldn't be confident getting into the more technical areas

M3 went like stink, was actually surprised at how much more get up and go it had on the way to the hairpin than me

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I got sorted for brakes. I went to Auto windscreens in Bangor and they recommended EBC Blue pads. Sorry @pablo. Apparently they’re new out, he tested them at the last track skills in his MR2 and thought they were great.
So I’ve got EBC blue pads with EBC discs. Yellow pads for the rear and some braided lines. Should be a big step up for the next track day. 😁
144707FB-BAE3-463E-8FB5-AC2EAB7173E1.jpeg

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I got sorted for brakes. I went to Auto windscreens in Bangor and they recommended EBC Blue pads. Sorry @pablo. Apparently they’re new out, he tested them at the last track skills in his MR2 and thought they were great.
So I’ve got EBC blue pads with EBC discs. Yellow pads for the rear and some braided lines. Should be a big step up for the next track day. 😁
View attachment 299349

You go with solid discs or did you opt for any of those silly grooves or holes? 😂

I've braided lines and castrol srf to go into the 328 so she should be a bit better on the brakes too!

pablo

RMS Moderator
View attachment 299349
Happy days! Sure worth a blast and see how you go!!