Dismantling: Breaking 06 zafira 1.9cdti

biffy.2008

RMS Regular
Drives
yaris t-sport
Our cars gave up the ghost so before it goes off to car heaven does anyone need any parts?
Alloys have 4 good tyres and it’s also a towbar we can remove.

It’s a navy blue colour. Around 116k miles

biffy.2008

RMS Regular
OP
biffy.2008
Drives
yaris t-sport
Went into limp mode. Got inlet manifold welded to remove swirl flaps and the guy couldn’t get it running again. Fitted another fuel pump and it drove about 2 miles and gave up the ghost again.

Engine won’t be sold as expected haha.

yeah lights good, I’ll forward a picture to you

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Got inlet manifold welded to remove swirl flaps and the guy couldn’t get it running again.
This is the reason I recommend not ******* about with what the manufacture designs. Fix the fault properly, don't remove the part completely. I assume this was the 150bhp? My Dad has a 120bph auto, first one was a POS which had been mapped and messed with, this one has been very reliable for the most part, only issues have been cause by other idiots not doing the jobs properly.

biffy.2008

RMS Regular
OP
biffy.2008
Drives
yaris t-sport
Yeah the guy claimed it was the only way to do it’s it would go again.. and what did I know. Drove it down. Didn’t ever go again. The joys.

yeah the 150

Dandy

RMS Regular
Drives
There must be something handy wrong with it, I've blanked of the flaps Inna few of these with no problems.

biffy.2008

RMS Regular
OP
biffy.2008
Drives
yaris t-sport
It’s been with that guy who done the work and couldn’t find cause. Been with an auto spark for months, I hoped it would be handy but not obvious it seems. Next stop car heaven lol