Breaking down very old polish residue

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I’ve now been asked to store my dads old 911. It’s 32 year old and around trim and windscreen rubbers is a serious build up of caked on hardened polish residue.
Anything in particular help remove it ? I tried a well reduced mixture of g101 and a toothbrush to no joy,

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I've cleaned similar with a cloth dipped in acetone.
Someone will say it's bad for the paint but I've not had any problems with it personally.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Try the g101 neat but have a hose to hand to rinse it well before it gets anywhere close to drying!!

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Try the g101 neat but have a hose to hand to rinse it well before it gets anywhere close to drying!!

I’ll maybe try that. I’m wary of fairly old rubbers and was cautious in case it broke them down

Boksic

RMS Regular
I’ll maybe try that. I’m wary of fairly old rubbers and was cautious in case it broke them down

To be honest I've never read g101 dilution rates.. I've just mixed it to suit myself, bit of guesswork here and there and you can get it to work wonders, including using it neat on all sorts. I think as long as you're always ready to rinse and not let a chemical dry onto stuff you can get away with a fair bit of "testing".

@Big Pimp no doubt sells some magic potion that'll do your job too! He uses science as his solution though, not guesswork 😂

Davey@Procar

RMS Trader
Eager take some diluted prewash and warm water and spray it on, small brushes and a cocktail stick is good to gently remove the polish, tooth brush or alikes will work, g101 is a very cleaner but be very careful round rubbers especially!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
All I’ll add is be very careful with anything solvent based.
This includes citrus cleaners / degreasers.

solvents will eat away at rubber

like the two guys above me have mentioned, hot water / steam and even something like fairy liquid scrubbed in with a detailing brush or tooth brush like Davey says should work a treat

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I know fairy liquid was always an old favourite for removing polish when a car was going to the bodyshop, couldn't do any harm to try it anyway.